Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 10-10-09, 01:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Teenager raped four times - they serve 6 months

A teenage girl (16) was raped four times by a gang who took pictures of the abuse on their mobile phones.

They were sentenced to 6 and 8 months. How can you call that justice?

This makes me sick and why is the sentence so short, and WHY have they been put into young offenders? They should be straight into prison getting raped themselves by BIG BOB.

Disgusting and downgrading.

I demand they all serve at least 16 years for this. Come on, my friend who protected himself from attackers was sentenced to 12 years in prison. They said he went to far. They then tried to link him with a chain of events when he was the victim in all of it. The others got away because of 'witnesses' which happened to be the others family.

Disgusting.

Read more here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/8300256.stm

Old 10-10-09, 07:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Im not going to say too much on this other than its a sorry state of affairs when things like this happen. Other countires would have handled this completely differently.

I have 3 daughters myself and i find news articles of this nature very disturbing.
Biostar Tpower I55, I5 750 @ 4.2Ghz, 4GB Kingston DDR3, Custom water loop - Thermochill PA120.3, Heatkiller 3.0 LC, Laing DDC Ultra, XSPC res top, XSPC white hose, Asus 5870, Antec Quattro 1000, Lian Li PC-X2000, Win7 ultimate.

Old 10-10-09, 10:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Castrate them all I say, without sedation >< Men are suddenly very cooperative when their private parts are in danger.

But no, that 'inhumane'. Like what they did is humane.

As for your sentenced friend, I think we should use the american self defense system, although slightly less extreme. As long you don't kill someone and you were endangered by him/her - no sentence.

Old 10-10-09, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Utterly disgusting. It's begger's belief as to how those four individuals managed to get away with what they had done so easily. Even if we were to believe that the whole process of being in jail will change a criminals mindset and prevent them from offending again upon release (which in such cases I could never believe), 6-8 months for gang rape sounds like a mild slap on the wrists at most. People like this need to be locked up for decades and must be closely monitored for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='monkey7'
As for your sentenced friend, I think we should use the american self defense system, although slightly less extreme. As long you don't kill someone and you were endangered by him/her - no sentence.
I agree. This does however open another can of worms. What if during your act of self defence, you find that you've injured the offender fatally? Could you still be sentenced just because you killed them? I'm wondering particularly in the context of an intruder in your own home for example, who could well be a threat to yourself and your family.
Old 10-10-09, 06:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Disgusting...
Old 10-10-09, 07:54 PM

My own opinion is this sort of crime should warrant execution, we shoudnt have to have people like this getting away with such crimes, same goes for murder.

It will get to a point where people wont stand for people getting away with it & taking the law into their own hands, especially the parents, I'm surprised more havent sort revenge.

Shotgun blast to their dangly bits, they wont be doing it again then.
NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Corsair Carbide Air 540
Old 10-10-09, 10:28 PM
OC3D Elite

"Eye for an eye" justice is what is needed in cases like this IMO,Lets see how they feel after being raped and humiliated.
Old 10-10-09, 11:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nepas'
"Eye for an eye" justice is what is needed in cases like this IMO,Lets see how they feel after being raped and humiliated.
Exactly, or the judge that gave the sentance, how would he feel if his daughter got raped 4 times?
Old 12-10-09, 01:56 AM
OC3D Elite

*******s.. What makes people think that to do this is ok?

The ones who were sentenced in that article were done for taking photos and perverting the course of justice.

The actual rapists haven't heard their sentences yet which I should think will be a hell of a lot longer.

Might want to have another read of it before completely condemning the system (even though it's far from perfect).

While no sentence is really long enough, lets hope they get a hell of a long time.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 12-10-09, 01:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Imo they've taken it as a settlement.

Quote:
While there she drank Jack Daniels whiskey and was possibly drugged with some form of sleeping medicine before being sexually assaulted, the court heard.
Makes it sound like they mostly had the photographic evidence to go by and her word (which sounds to have been unreliable) against theirs. Theirs being with the pics which leads to separate charges.

Certainly she shouldn't have been in the situation in the 1st place.

Female says rape, how do u prove either way ?