Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 29-07-09, 04:01 AM
Advanced Member

My block is shinier then yours :P

Hola Hola,

How's everyone?

Yesterday i had the honour of dismantle my gpu, yes lifetime bfg rules, but the block all going black and squealing at folding was just unbearable. Since my system is all over the place taken apart since i got my ass back to brazil, and since i was giving a nice clean up on other wc block and pumps, i decide to take the gpu virginity to hell, lol

I tried brasso for cleaning copper which was quite unsucessful cause my arms, hands and finger tips were aching a lot, so i decided to use mum's washing up gear, and guess what? Exactly, i had to scrub much less with a kind o scotchbrites sponge GREEN/YELLOW thingy and washing up soap bar, and the gpu is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny now.

Since im very fussy and gpu is joining paris hilton for night outs, i drawned lots and lots of clear nail varnish on its capacitors and chookes, so this maybe helps the squealing a little.

Cant comment if its gonna work yet cause there is still lots of work to do till my case is ready to rock n' roll (yes good news, manage to get a tj07 for a bargain in MINTY MINTY condition here) I confess i tried to get a Lian-Li V2010, but i couldnt find any, and for the price the TJ was i could not refuse.

TJ is in the house already, got it SP from a Ebay seller from here. Yes, i already took it all apart, and hopefully tomorrow i will hunt for some Anodising/powdercoating places around here. JUNDIAI (city i live in SP) is very know for its industrial potencies and so on, so i might be lucky and u might be too then next update will be for the silverish parts being anodised, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Here in Jundiai there are lots of Metalurgic manufacturer from OIL RIG drill bits to FOXCONN manufactures, and i had no clue about that cause last city i lived in BRAZIL before i move to scotland didnt had any of that, so things are looking quite good

(BTW) got subscribed for my flight course, yesssssssss be flying abouts soon! I hope, lol!!!

Take care everyone of u!

Enjoy the pics, cause its getting off topic already! lol

This is my dog, hes name is Dog Marley btw

Old 29-07-09, 12:28 PM
OC3D Crew

You said that you had put varnish onto something on the board?

Did you put it ontop of the chips that need cooling?

Im thinking that Nvidia wouldnt sell a product that would need this to b dun ;D
Old 29-07-09, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Freak'
You said that you had put varnish onto something on the board?

Did you put it ontop of the chips that need cooling?

Im thinking that Nvidia wouldnt sell a product that would need this to b dun ;D
To be honest i dont know how nvidia can sell its products with such a annoying squeek, it should have ben banned and nvidia should have replaced all those boards, but the wont (MERCENARIES)

Nail varnish will help the latency between the transitors, i believe that will stop them vibrating that much and producing that famous squealing.

I made sure that no nail varnish went on top surface of the chips that need cooling
Old 29-07-09, 04:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
you havent herd my power supply. It sounds like a baby crying when i play games and apparently its normal .......

To me its dammed well annoying.
Old 29-07-09, 09:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Drives me freakin nuts !

Aint putting up with it myself.

Old 29-07-09, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mayhem'
you havent herd my power supply. It sounds like a baby crying when i play games and apparently its normal .......

To me its dammed well annoying.
hhhehehhheheheheh

dont play games mayhem, pacman will be more then enough for u! anywaynew games sucks, cause we endup getting addicted to it.

return that psu man, sience is the new noise, i hate annying noises and dirt! lol
Old 29-07-09, 11:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
all ready contacted the suppler and they wanted me to RMA after telling me its will happen with the one they replace it with so i did not bother. Why spent £15.00 on Post and packing for the same thing back.