A few weeks ago I bought a new laptop and sold up my pc... However, I'm missing the whole customisation appeal already, so went on a little hunt in my attic, and found one of the old £10 cases that aqua-pcs used to sell.
Anyway, I spent a while stripping it down, this is what I got:
I sprayed the motherboard tray black a while ago for use in another project, so that's the reason for the mis-match.
The front doesn't look too great for cooling and letting air in... we'll soon change that
As the case is grilled, there was nowhere for the central part of my holesaw to go, so I had to mount some acrylic behind it.
The old front of the case was horrible, with a row of un tasteful ports and buttons. So, a new front panel was in order, so I trimmed down some acrylic to size.
I then got my trusty holesaw out once more and bore out a hole in the acrylic to allow air to pass through. I used a 5mm black piece of acrylic on top of a 3mm green piece.
I then installed it on top of the old aluminium front... As you can see, the old front needed a little trim.
I won't show you the cut I made in the aluminium, it's not a pretty sight, but it's hidden away so it doesn't really matter. A bit of mesh will be installed to gap the hole in the case- although the final mesh will probably be black. There is still a little bit of aluminium from the case sticking through underneath the mesh, I will need to trim that down.
This is a mock-up of where the PSU will be placed. Working in such a small case is a pain for routing cables, and a triple rad will be taking up the space where the PSU is meant to be mounted :evilgrin:
That's all for now folks