Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 19-07-09, 04:11 PM
OC3D Elite

32 inch tv problems

Ok...

Well last night...my tv went weird..it still is.

Ive got a 32 inch sense tv from ebuyer with a samsung panel in it...

Last night...whilst running my laptop through it playing movies...it went all funny. about a third of the way down the screen...there is a white line..this looks out of place..but its not.

Its where its the only line of pixels working correctly.

The rest of the screen has a slight weird haze about it.

Kind of like every pixel has now got a grey box around it creating a strangely fine mesh look across my screen. Ivw only had it about a year so im going to RMA it,. but they dont have it in stock. ASo my only concern now is that i will get a pile of crap tv back instead of one with good specs like this one.

Any ideas on what maybe went wrong?? Also, last night when it did it, it was asif the screen was flickering...even when im on the screensaver or osd for the tv, the image is still this messed up.

Been a bad week for me tbh...

Old 19-07-09, 05:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
that sound to me like a lose cable ribbon. this does happen a lot in TV's as they heat up the ribbons some times comes lose and need to be reseated.

How ever if you under warranty then its back from a RMA if not open her up and start checking.
Old 19-07-09, 05:57 PM
OC3D Elite

cheers dude...sounds like a perfectly good explanation in my books. It does get ludicrously hot, and when its raining outside and its humid, like it has been alot lately, then that could be reason.

I was thinking maybe moisture from where its always on and its raining, its on the other side of my room near my door and about 10ft away from the window...so you never know.

Waiting to see whats said abot RMA.

My only concern, and ive spoke with Tom about this, but what will happen if they have to replace it? For example, it cost me just under 300 quid cos it was a "Sense" make with a samsung panel in it...Meaning the contract ration, response time, brigthness, it was all alot better for that price. Do they have to do like for like on original specs? or the specs it is now, or the cost?

Either way, im hoping I can ask for the option of paying a bit more and getting a better tv, or maybe even giving me the cost of the tv in store credits for example, as I am looking at getting a few things from there, including a new television.

Opinions welcomed guys, even advice on what tvs to look out for. I know from Tinytom that samsungs are the way...:P
Old 20-07-09, 12:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Too broad a statement that Samsungs are the way... Cheap Samsungs are definitely NOT the way.. Seen a few really bad cheap Samsungs as well as an abysmal cheap 52" Sammy plasma that burns in less than 5 mins and stays burnt for a couple of hours.

Anyway, dunno how Ebuyer will play it but hope ya get the outcome you want
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 20-07-09, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

The good Samsung TV's I've seen, and got, start in the late £400. For that entry level tho, they are good, and u need to spend time in the settings to get away from that showroom style display.

As u venture towards £750 and more, the Toshiba's and LG's come into play.

Some of the cheaper Samsung pebbles can be shocking.

Old 26-07-09, 08:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
The good Samsung TV's I've seen, and got, start in the late £400. For that entry level tho, they are good, and u need to spend time in the settings to get away from that showroom style display.

As u venture towards £750 and more, the Toshiba's and LG's come into play.

Some of the cheaper Samsung pebbles can be shocking.
i got my 42" toshiba for £450 new and its perfect for 1080p films and games (360/ps3/pc), cant see a diff between it and my mates 42" sammy 99.9% of time, that set his parents back around 800-1000 ish around the same time as i got mine kinda happy that i didnt spend more on the sammy now for the near same picture quality
-Need to fit-
Xspc Rasa | Phobya G-Changer 240 + 360 | Phobya dc12-400 | 7x Orange Xigmatek XLF 120mm
| Alphacool Copper fittings

Old 26-07-09, 10:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Another thing to keep an eye on mind is I bought the one I have now from amazon store for around.... £500. If u went commercial stores it would have been £700 easy. I refuse to goto these stores on principal.

Stick the 2 sets side by side to get a good prospective. When viewed separately, they'll look similarly good.

Old 27-07-09, 04:30 PM
OC3D Elite

ai cheers rast, im gonna go into the store and find some televisions i like, then compare and find online...or...see if i can get a good discount. Just gotta find my way home to box it up and ship it out. lmfao...

Thanks for the advice guys...appreciated as always...
Old 27-07-09, 05:01 PM

Some Samsung's are good. Those that cost around £500+ for a 32" TV and obviousy more as you go up sizes are superb and I've heard fantastic things about their LED TV's. LG tend to be cheap (in the main) and cheerful. Panasonic are generally very decent and Toshiba used to be good but I've been massively unimpressed with their models the last couple of years. Pioneer are obviously the best you can buy but are pulling out of the Plasma market (). Sony are solid but overpriced a little sometimes.
Old 27-07-09, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

I'm thinking about getting this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32.../ref=de_a_smtd

Opinions?
RAM: Corsair 12GB
Case: Antec P182
HDD 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
HDD 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB