Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 02-07-09, 07:48 PM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: Coolit Domino A.L.C. DM-1000 CPU Cooler

"Looking for something a little different to keep you CPU cool? Take a look inside to see if Coolit's Domino A.L.C. will fit the bill..."

Coolit Domino A.L.C. DM-1000 CPU Cooler

Old 02-07-09, 08:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Great review.

I'm taking note that 1stly the price isn't as scary as some of the predecessors of these kind of units. Installation looks a cinch. Noises are an obvious concern . And they throw in an led panel.. which surprises me when they're sticking to £75+ (roughly the price of 2x competitor air coolers ?)

I said these things were going to get better and better, and it would be foolish to simply laugh them off when they 1st appeared. Thing we gotta bear in mind is even this unit is going to be improved on.

Let's say they change the pump, fluid and fan in the future, whilst doing a deal with a company regarding prices. Ham loses the irritating noises on the Version2 and the temps are a little better.. think we'd be that much more impressed.

Good stuff. Not quite there for me, but it's great to see how far these units have come, and hope they grab a little more respect. Even so, I'd not mock any1 wishing to buy this model to try it, I'd be eager to go look at it myself.

Old 03-07-09, 11:13 AM

I think it has a really great price. You get a fully built water cooler for a little more of the price of an IFX-14.

It's not the best, but it's the cheapest one, you can't demand the same to this than to a 500€ water cooling solution.

It's a good way for people who want to try water cooling but don't have patience to build or don't have money.
Old 03-07-09, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

At least it's not completely awful.

I don't think many people on here would go for it though.
Old 03-07-09, 01:20 PM

Nice review,

Looks ideal for someone who wants to try out water cooling, wouldnt expect an enthusiast to buy one.

hmmm wonder if it could be modded to cool a graphics card

Saying that current gpu's throw out more heat than cpu's at the moment.
Old 06-07-09, 09:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
still have my doubt. the type of people fitting this wont have much of a clue about water cooling and to be honest it would surprise me if they got the temps you did inside a case.

Yup the price is cheap when comparing to other water cooling solution but would the price be worth it over air cooling not really. id say middle of the road but defiantly not a buy for me and would not recommend to any way.

I wonder though if you cut the pipes off, and put in you own pump and tubing and changed the compound to some thing decent would this improve the over all temps ...

call it modding a moders peace of kit lol.

The only problem i have as well is how accurate is the lcd.

Another thing im seeing plenty of reviews of this product and its being talk about , But what about there next version up the one that uses Tec's to cool the system and all so have Software controlled monitoring and adjustments ... There doesn't seem to be much info about that on the net or any reviews.
Old 06-07-09, 10:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mayhem'

Yup the price is cheap when comparing to other water cooling solution but would the price be worth it over air cooling not really. id say middle of the road but defiantly not a buy for me and would not recommend to any way.
Once place I thought that this could definitely come in useful is in a PC that is regularly moved around (like a LAN rig). Rather than having a big heavy cooler bending your motherboard out of shape in the boot of your car, this probably puts little/no stress on the socket at all

Quote:

Another thing im seeing plenty of reviews of this product and its being talk about , But what about there next version up the one that uses Tec's to cool the system and all so have Software controlled monitoring and adjustments ... There doesn't seem to be much info about that on the net or any reviews.
This the one you mean: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.p...e_cpu_cooler/1 ?
Old 06-07-09, 10:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
LOl thks jim yeh that's the one ... didnt see that.
Old 06-07-09, 10:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
LOl thks jim yeh that's the one ... didnt see that.
Its weird because the Elite has been around donkey's years, but I think there's a slightly modified version on its way out soon that addresses some of the 'issues' of the original. I do believe we're on the cards for a look at the new one too, so watch this space
Old 16-10-09, 04:54 PM

Great!

Great review, I will def choose this over the Corsair when i get paid at the end of the month!