Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-09, 08:54 AM

People who bum of the government

Latley ive been hearing more stories of people having more kids just to get more benifits! its frigging discusting!

For instance; my fiancees cusin is on her 4th kid just so she can get a bigger house and more money

Old 01-07-09, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PanzeR_1987'
Latley ive been hearing more stories of people having more kids just to get more benifits! its frigging discusting!

For instance; my fiancees cusin is on her 4th kid just so she can get a bigger house and more money
It is ridiculous.... Whereas they could be out earning, even if it is a low wage, they are instead tucked up nicely inside their houses.....

I understand in many circumstances people do require help, eg if ther partner has scarpered, but to abuse the system in this way (esp using kids as the means to do so) is disgusting!
Old 01-07-09, 09:29 AM
OC3D Crew

I knew a girl that was ** sorry for using the phrase** ''trying to get one of each colour '' since she would get more cash handouts for having kids.

I have done a few **** jobs in my time but i have always tried to work. I had 6 months unemployment at the start of this darn recession but i did not sign on. I kept hunting and found my current job.

What is funny is Mr Tax Man is trying to find out what i was up to while i was unemployed. Funnily enough i was unemployed!! Now go catch the benefit cheats and stop harassing me
Old 01-07-09, 10:06 AM
OC3D Elite

We been down this road a few times on OC3D.

I still stand by court ordered sterilization of both male and female after 1 child and no work for either of them for up to a year after. Kinda thinking mandatory adoption of the one child, plus sterilization, if neither have worked for 1/2 years prior to conception.

Also very firmly project the idea that when a couple become pregnant (which is never an accident) and the male want's an abortion/morning after, but the female doesn't, he can have a legal document dismissing all responsibilities from that point onwards, and she equally has the same edict as above.

U don't/can't have children by mistake. (outside of rape)

Old 01-07-09, 10:18 AM
OC3D Crew

I know we have been at loggerheads over this before Rasta, but I have two kids, and we did so by choice. Now both my wife and I fully nuture and support our children to the best of our abilities, what you are proposing is that our second child should not have been born. That's something I have a problem with to be honest. I also think that children brought up with siblings are more rounded than only children, in terms of their upbringing. Most only children I know and knew were spoilt to hell by their parents.

As for the mandatory adoption, are you forgetting the rights of the child, and the fact that most adopted children always end up looking for their genetic parents. There can also be behavioural problems with kids that end up in care.

I do agree that people are milking the system, but to bring in extreme measures which affects us all negatively is nothing short of biting of your nose to spite your face! You also said that the parents should not work for 12 months. Now this would just lead to more claims for benefit, as employers would never swallow allowing both parents 12 months maternity/paternity leave, and even if they did, I would expect the birth rates to take a massive increase There would be people dropping sprogs like wildfire just to take advantage of this.

It's also worth saying that it's pretty obvious that you are not a parent. Maybe if you were, you would appreciate the choice to have more than one.
Old 01-07-09, 10:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='stuartpb'
are you forgetting the rights of the child
During the sex, I doubt it was ever at the forefront of any1's mind in these cases.

Who should be caring about the future the most in these cases ? Who should be thinking about consequences of actions ? Who should take responsibility ? Ultimately ?

Think we know who takes responsibility afterwards, for many years to come.

The "not being a parent" thing doesn't wash. I've had the sex, I'm also too responsible to bring something in this world that I'm not in a position to either take care of or lose a part of my life to have to take care of. I don't want marriage, so there again, imo, it would be an imperfect situation that I'm not willing to go down the road - of.

Even if the chick says she's "taken care of it" - I'd still wear 4 condoms on top of each other. And if she says "oh I never use them" I'd leave or wear 8!!

I may not be a parent, but myself and many like me don't chose to - but have to pay the taxes to fund the majority of this. If there was an opt-out for lesser taxage, I'd say have as many as u freakin like.

We seem to support a heck of alot of kids as non-parents.

Old 01-07-09, 10:32 AM
OC3D Crew

It's called sex and sometimes things do get out of hand Rasta, or people make silly mistakes. Some even ignore the risks. But to treat these people like criminals and force them to have operations is something that should be part of a sci fi novel and not the law of the land.

I can bet that there are many children out there, whose parents had not planned for their birth. I also can bet that alot of these parents are bringing these children up to the best of their abilities.
Old 01-07-09, 10:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Ok, as an introduction, change the 1 child to 2 ?

We feel better about preventing the 3rd, 4th, 5th ? Rather than nipping it at the 2nd ?

Old 01-07-09, 10:35 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
I may not be a parent, but myself and many like me don't chose to - but have to pay the taxes to fund the majority of this. If there was an opt-out for lesser taxage, I'd say have as many as u freakin like.

We seem to support a heck of alot of kids as non-parents.
So schools, hospitals etc etc (every public service available to kids) should be self sufficient then and not payed for by non parents via taxes?
Old 01-07-09, 10:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Just as I believe in higher taxes for 2nd, 3rd cars assigned to 1 house hold.

I'd expect those with the larger families to outlay a more proportional part of the taxation.

I don't begrudge paying ANY tax to schools/hospitals etc, but the burden is slanted to the extreme.

Closed Thread