Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 24-06-09, 07:42 PM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to gaurang
Microsoft Security Essentials Goes Beta, Exceeds Download Limit

The 75,000 downloads limit for Microsoft Security Essentials has already been exceeded and so far, user reviews have been positive.

Read on

Old 24-06-09, 07:57 PM
OC3D Elite

*leaked* - crazy. U almost feel that Microsoft leak their software themselves to get opinions.

I don't totally feel that Microsoft are the best people to provide any safety nets against viruses often aimed at exploiting vulnerabilities in their own software. Traditionally, even tho they black-tape their software together themselves, it's 3rd parties who tend to find these exploits and viruses that intend to use them.

They can make it the smallest footprint of any software available, I've personally moved on from using Microsoft OS(s) for any downloading or internet/mail based stuff. The hastle vS using them or 'another' provider of a platform just aint worth it.

Old 24-06-09, 10:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
*leaked* - crazy. U almost feel that Microsoft leak their software themselves to get opinions.

I don't totally feel that Microsoft are the best people to provide any safety nets against viruses often aimed at exploiting vulnerabilities in their own software. Traditionally, even tho they black-tape their software together themselves, it's 3rd parties who tend to find these exploits and viruses that intend to use them.

They can make it the smallest footprint of any software available, I've personally moved on from using Microsoft OS(s) for any downloading or internet/mail based stuff. The hastle vS using them or 'another' provider of a platform just aint worth it.
seriously, you work in IT. I'm sure you can secure your own windows system.

Old 24-06-09, 11:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Never really had any issues with security on Windows. I love it.
Old 25-06-09, 11:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nathan'
seriously, you work in IT. I'm sure you can secure your own windows system.
Ya that's foolishly obvious, but tbh u have on the one hand OSs that u can install .. and away u go.

Then u have the other breed of OS where u install it - and then have to give consideration to security. Not just from fraud stuff, but things that'll push the OS off it's legs, oh and there'll be new things next week.

I knew the black-tape comment would bring nathan out

Old 25-06-09, 12:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
Ya that's foolishly obvious, but tbh u have on the one hand OSs that u can install .. and away u go.

Then u have the other breed of OS where u install it - and then have to give consideration to security. Not just from fraud stuff, but things that'll push the OS off it's legs, oh and there'll be new things next week.

I knew the black-tape comment would bring nathan out
meeeee