Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 13-06-09, 09:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Samsung .... You just cannot beat this (or maybe you can)

I have had my Sync master 940MW Now for ni on 3 years.

It came with a warranty. a Nice 3 year one.

Any way it is on its way out after 3 years 2 days (according to there technical support)

I have lost its receipt as well.

Phoned Samsung and after chatting to a very nice tech support ..

Its getting replaced

Well happy.

Could not ask for any thing better than that ....

Old 13-06-09, 09:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to WC Annihilus Send a message via MSN to WC Annihilus
A friend of mine recently mentioned that he almost feels as if his Samsung monitor has a lifetime warranty as he's had it replaced twice over a time period I'm assuming was greater than three years (he didn't specify, but when I mentioned that I thought they had 3 year warranty, he said "if it IS a three year, then it renews its self after every replacement"). I was somewhat surprised hearing this cause up until now I haven't really heard good things about Samsung support

MSI P55-GD65

3x Kingston X25-V RAID0

2x Evga 9600GT SSC SLI

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3-1600

Corsair VX550w, Ghettoed Antec Super Lanboy

Old 13-06-09, 11:29 AM
OC3D Elite

hmm never had a problem with Samsung support to be honest.
Old 13-06-09, 12:10 PM
OC3D Elite

i have a sammy monitor and tv. Had the LCD TV for about 4-5 years now and its still going strong.

Samsung - about the only good thing to come out of Korea.

Old 13-06-09, 04:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mayhem'
I have had my Sync master 940MW Now for ni on 3 years.

It came with a warranty. a Nice 3 year one.

Any way it is on its way out after 3 years 2 days (according to there technical support)

I have lost its receipt as well.

Phoned Samsung and after chatting to a very nice tech support ..

Its getting replaced

Well happy.

Could not ask for any thing better than that ....
Tried to get 1 key repaired for my laptop because there was obviously a production line problem and they told me to eff off (not in the in your face way) but I was so angry at that. I was in the warranty by months and they still refused. 1 DAMN KEY. Made my laptop useless.
Old 13-06-09, 11:26 PM
OC3D Elite

that happened to me a a fuji and they wanted £99 for a new keyboard ... seems like there all the same in that respect.
Old 14-06-09, 09:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mayhem'
that happened to me a a fuji and they wanted £99 for a new keyboard ... seems like there all the same in that respect.
They didn't even refer me or offer me to pay for the key. I had to do all the research myself. All the companies required me to purchase a whole keyboard, Samsung could of easily sent 1 key out it costs NOTHING for them.

Never buying anything Samsung tbh, ever.
Old 16-06-09, 01:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Well scratch what i have said. It seems to be a day of every thing through the post is damaged.

The delivery guy turned up with the TV all box up , no marks what so ever. (on the boxes that is)

He asked me for my TV and i handed it across. He then un did his packaging to reveal and discomfiting site.

It was a bent and twisted moulded pace of plastic that looks like Godzilla has been playing twister with King Kong on it while in there offices. Inside was a warranty replacement sticker with "New replacement part" slapped on it ...

Needless to say the delivery guy stopped and look at me and came out with "I presume this wont be getting delivered". Me being the quite expressive type of person accidentaly slipped out with "no shi! Sherlock"..

So a quick phone call to there tech support to a very nice Scottish guy who spoke so fast i had to ask what he was saying 5 times (that's not a joke). Eventaly i just handed across my RMA no and explained at the state of the tv / Monitor and he said "hmm so you accepted the delivery then" .. hahaha what a joker i thought to my self as i calmly asked him " Does a bear Shi!s in the woods" ... I don't think he understood me very well. I think i may have been speaking to slowly for him as he seemingly paused for a few moments to digest what i had said to him.

Needless to say after a bit of banter they are going to send me out another out .... But this time when i comes im taking photos just in case it happens again ....

Bloody tech support cowboys ....
Old 16-06-09, 03:00 PM
OC3D Crew

Not good on the delivery as far as warranty, my mobile broke a yesr and month after getting it, so technically out of warranty yet spaking politely to them they done it.

Though I got one with a slight scrath on the screen, speaking again they replaced it. Next one was fine. ;D
Old 16-06-09, 03:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Im hope its in as good as nick as the one im giving them as it has been really well looked after. this 19" when we bought it new cost over £450.