Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Memory

Old 05-06-09, 05:25 AM

Compatibility Issues???

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a new Asus F6VE laptop and it originally came with one 2GB Nanya 800Mhz DDR2 SO-DIMM ram sticks and decided to add in a new Corsair 2GB DDR2 667Mhz SO-DIMM ram. At the moment it runs and recognises 4GB but then it freezes, anyone know of any compatibility issues with the Nanya brand? Or why it might be doing this?

Cheers

Old 05-06-09, 08:15 AM
OC3D Crew

They are different frequencies, that will not help. ie one is 800mhz, the other is 667mhz.

ED
Old 11-06-09, 01:11 PM

hes right what he says.

some of the machine in my school have nanya memory.. its a bit old and generic, wouldnt really trust it tbh
Old 11-06-09, 01:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='k4p84'
They are different frequencies, that will not help. ie one is 800mhz, the other is 667mhz.

ED
Spot on, it will depend a whole lot on how flexible the mobo allows the cpu/ram to be.

Some laptops u can get away with it, quality of the ram usually making a difference if ur going higher with the clock. POS ram usually allows an underclock from it's stock - as long as it's stated as being able to. Even expensive quality memory won't do it unless stated (or unless lucky).

Usually best, if ur not up with messing around with them, to go with the rating the existing memory is, or higher. If it works lower - ur fortunate, not a gamble I'd spend cash on tho.