Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling

Old 16-05-09, 04:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Red Fans?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some Red fans for my Red Wrath project and wondered if you'd seen any good ones in your travels? They need to be Red regardless of whether they are on or off (don't want clear bladed ones) and I'm not fussed if they have LED's or not.

I've looked at the Xilence Red Wings and unfortunately the blades are more of a pink/orange than red and stand out like a sore thumb. Next stop is the Enermax Magma's, but have any of you seen anything else good?

Old 16-05-09, 04:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some Red fans for my Red Wrath project and wondered if you'd seen any good ones in your travels? They need to be Red regardless of whether they are on or off (don't want clear bladed ones) and I'm not fussed if they have LED's or not.

I've looked at the Xilence Red Wings and unfortunately the blades are more of a pink/orange than red and stand out like a sore thumb. Next stop is the Enermax Magma's, but have any of you seen anything else good?
I'm using Magma's in my rig and I really like them.

They're not as fancy as the twisters, but they seem to shift plenty of air, aren't that loud and you can remove the blade for cleaning..

-----------

Project: Flat Pack - Coming soon
Old 16-05-09, 04:41 PM
OC3D Elite

I had lots of red wings, they were quite orange tbh, magmas are gonna be your best bet unless you get some yates/scythes and spray them?

LGW2452TX-PF | Logitech G9 | Logitech G15 | Logitech Z5500

Old 16-05-09, 05:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Cheers guys. Looks like I may have to grab a couple of Magma's and see how they look. Pretty expensive aint they?

EDIT: Luigi, is there any chance you could pick out an image on google that you think closes resembles the real-word redness for me?
Old 16-05-09, 05:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Cheers guys. Looks like I may have to grab a couple of Magma's and see how they look. Pretty expensive aint they?

EDIT: Luigi, is there any chance you could pick out an image on google that you think closes resembles the real-word redness for me?
Compared to the rest of your pc, No :P

LGW2452TX-PF | Logitech G9 | Logitech G15 | Logitech Z5500

Old 16-05-09, 05:10 PM
OC3D Elite

I'd say spraying some black fans with the same paint as your case is your best bet. It's the only way in which it is really going to match.

Old 16-05-09, 05:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Luigi said they can be removed for cleaning so I guess Tom can fix you up by painting the fan the same colour as your PC.
Old 16-05-09, 05:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Jim,

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/modtek...04605445181330

Although they're spinning, I'd say that is pretty much right, no flash was used so it should be as accurate as possible.

They're quite expensive, but It's not like you have to upgrade them?

I couldn't find any great looking images on google, Ill have another look if you want some more images.

-----------

Old 16-05-09, 05:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Luigi'
Jim,

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/modtek...04605445181330

Although they're spinning, I'd say that is pretty much right, no flash was used so it should be as accurate as possible.

They're quite expensive, but It's not like you have to upgrade them?

I couldn't find any great looking images on google, Ill have another look if you want some more images.
Hmm they look kinda orangey in your pic. Some of the pics I've seen have had them as a dark red and quite shiny finish.

I would get them painted, but that will end up costing an absolute fortune, unless I get a close colour match with some plain metallic paint.
Old 16-05-09, 05:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Hmm they look kinda orangey in your pic. Some of the pics I've seen have had them as a dark red and quite shiny finish.

I would get them painted, but that will end up costing an absolute fortune, unless I get a close colour match with some plain metallic paint.
I wouldn't say a dark red, although they are darker than in my pic, and are somewhere in between normal/dark.. It's hard to describe.

It's hard, since reds quite a hard colour for cameras... Maybe buy one and see what you think?

-----------