Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 16-05-09, 04:32 PM
JN JN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,678
Red Fans?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some Red fans for my Red Wrath project and wondered if you'd seen any good ones in your travels? They need to be Red regardless of whether they are on or off (don't want clear bladed ones) and I'm not fussed if they have LED's or not.

I've looked at the Xilence Red Wings and unfortunately the blades are more of a pink/orange than red and stand out like a sore thumb. Next stop is the Enermax Magma's, but have any of you seen anything else good?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-05-09, 04:33 PM
Luigi Luigi is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some Red fans for my Red Wrath project and wondered if you'd seen any good ones in your travels? They need to be Red regardless of whether they are on or off (don't want clear bladed ones) and I'm not fussed if they have LED's or not.

I've looked at the Xilence Red Wings and unfortunately the blades are more of a pink/orange than red and stand out like a sore thumb. Next stop is the Enermax Magma's, but have any of you seen anything else good?
I'm using Magma's in my rig and I really like them.

They're not as fancy as the twisters, but they seem to shift plenty of air, aren't that loud and you can remove the blade for cleaning..
__________________
Luigi

-----------

Project: Flat Pack - Coming soon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-05-09, 04:41 PM
PeterStoba PeterStoba is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,190
I had lots of red wings, they were quite orange tbh, magmas are gonna be your best bet unless you get some yates/scythes and spray them?
__________________
Silverstone SG05B | i3 530 | Scythe Shuriken | DFI LanParty MI P55-T36 | 4GB Kingston HyperX 1333Mhz | XFX 5450 512MB | Samsung SN-T083C | Intel X25-V 40GB | Samsung F1 1TB

LGW2452TX-PF | Logitech G9 | Logitech G15 | Logitech Z5500

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-05-09, 05:04 PM
JN JN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,678
Cheers guys. Looks like I may have to grab a couple of Magma's and see how they look. Pretty expensive aint they?

EDIT: Luigi, is there any chance you could pick out an image on google that you think closes resembles the real-word redness for me?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-05-09, 05:09 PM
PeterStoba PeterStoba is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Cheers guys. Looks like I may have to grab a couple of Magma's and see how they look. Pretty expensive aint they?

EDIT: Luigi, is there any chance you could pick out an image on google that you think closes resembles the real-word redness for me?
Compared to the rest of your pc, No :P
__________________
Silverstone SG05B | i3 530 | Scythe Shuriken | DFI LanParty MI P55-T36 | 4GB Kingston HyperX 1333Mhz | XFX 5450 512MB | Samsung SN-T083C | Intel X25-V 40GB | Samsung F1 1TB

LGW2452TX-PF | Logitech G9 | Logitech G15 | Logitech Z5500

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-05-09, 05:10 PM
monkey7 monkey7 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,085
I'd say spraying some black fans with the same paint as your case is your best bet. It's the only way in which it is really going to match.
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-05-09, 05:11 PM
zak4994 zak4994 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Cheers guys. Looks like I may have to grab a couple of Magma's and see how they look. Pretty expensive aint they?

EDIT: Luigi, is there any chance you could pick out an image on google that you think closes resembles the real-word redness for me?
Luigi said they can be removed for cleaning so I guess Tom can fix you up by painting the fan the same colour as your PC.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-05-09, 05:12 PM
Luigi Luigi is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Cheers guys. Looks like I may have to grab a couple of Magma's and see how they look. Pretty expensive aint they?

EDIT: Luigi, is there any chance you could pick out an image on google that you think closes resembles the real-word redness for me?
Jim,

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/modtek...04605445181330

Although they're spinning, I'd say that is pretty much right, no flash was used so it should be as accurate as possible.

They're quite expensive, but It's not like you have to upgrade them?

I couldn't find any great looking images on google, Ill have another look if you want some more images.
__________________
Luigi

-----------

Project: Flat Pack - Coming soon
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16-05-09, 05:16 PM
JN JN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Luigi'
Jim,

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/modtek...04605445181330

Although they're spinning, I'd say that is pretty much right, no flash was used so it should be as accurate as possible.

They're quite expensive, but It's not like you have to upgrade them?

I couldn't find any great looking images on google, Ill have another look if you want some more images.
Hmm they look kinda orangey in your pic. Some of the pics I've seen have had them as a dark red and quite shiny finish.

I would get them painted, but that will end up costing an absolute fortune, unless I get a close colour match with some plain metallic paint.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16-05-09, 05:18 PM
Luigi Luigi is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Hmm they look kinda orangey in your pic. Some of the pics I've seen have had them as a dark red and quite shiny finish.

I would get them painted, but that will end up costing an absolute fortune, unless I get a close colour match with some plain metallic paint.
I wouldn't say a dark red, although they are darker than in my pic, and are somewhere in between normal/dark.. It's hard to describe.

It's hard, since reds quite a hard colour for cameras... Maybe buy one and see what you think?
__________________
Luigi

-----------

Project: Flat Pack - Coming soon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.