Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 25-03-09, 08:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
OC3D Review: MSI X58 Pro

Introducing the MSI X58 Pro - A diamond in the rough or just plain dog rough? Find out in our latest X58 motherboard review...

Full review here

Old 25-03-09, 09:00 PM
OC3D Elite

I guess this is for people who don't care about looks and want a cheaper alternative.

The opposite of this would probably be a bloodrage in terms of aesthetics and price.
Old 25-03-09, 09:09 PM
OC3D Elite

At last! A board UNDER £200!

And its pretty good .
Old 26-03-09, 09:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Quite a few sub £200 boards now, 6 iirc. Nice review
Old 26-03-09, 12:20 PM
OC3D Elite

I don`t think the esthetics of the mobo should be equally graded as performance. If u have a mobo that works 100% faster than the one that looks "kewl", u'd be a tad foolish to pick the slower one cos the memory slots glow in the dark.

I was gonna slate all the other cards on the list, cos quite frankly I feel this mobo embarasses the lot of them in terms of pricing.

They all peak and trough in various areas, but they don't all cost £50-60 more than this.

No SLI ? Think I could live with that.

Good stuff.

Old 26-03-09, 01:14 PM

I think some people go on looks more than you would think Rast

Great little board at a price point that motherboard manufacturers should be working downwards in price from. The market is going to die unless others follow MSI's price trend.
Old 26-03-09, 02:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
I don`t think the esthetics of the mobo should be equally graded as performance. If u have a mobo that works 100% faster than the one that looks "kewl", u'd be a tad foolish to pick the slower one cos the memory slots glow in the dark.

I was gonna slate all the other cards on the list, cos quite frankly I feel this mobo embarasses the lot of them in terms of pricing.

They all peak and trough in various areas, but they don't all cost £50-60 more than this.

No SLI ? Think I could live with that.

Good stuff.
The overclocking was great however this was due in part to the board massively overvolting which could have had an effect. Not only that but the board was overclocked in stock state which was a little naught from MSI as this would inevitably had a bearing on some of the test results. Overvolting is something that needs to be addressed as it could degrade the CPU over time.

The looks of the board are very important to some, however the board was not marked down soley for looks but also for the packaging which pales in comparison to some of the other boards on test.

Oh, and the board IS sli capable
Old 26-03-09, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Fair play, the board performs well and aside from the voltage irregularities, is a decent all round effort form MSI but who the hell wants a brown motherboard (or anything else for that matter) "Aesthetics (what on earth were MSI thinking of?)" , too right mate, there's a reason brown is the colour of sh*t !

Here