Can you run a G/Card with DDr3 memory on a DDR2 Motherboard as my friend bought a Palit 1GB Geforce 9800GT Super+ PCI Exp2/DDR3 DVI/TV Out and it keeps crashing in games like T/Raider Underworld.
We have tried everything, latest drivers a even reinstalling both Win-XP & Vista with the same results. He even bought a 750w PSU to make sure it had enough power.
any ideas whats wrong
here is the motherboard spec
ASUS PIN-MX Nvidia Geforce7050 Mainboard - Intel Core™ 2 Duo/Quad Core MATX
- Supports Intel 45 nm Core 2 multi-core processors
- FSB 1333/1066/800/533 MHz
- Solid capacitors design in CPU VRM
- DDR2 800(OC)/667/533
- NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i
- Integrated NVIDIA CineFX 3.0 graphics
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s with RAID function
- 6-channel High Definition Audio
- EZ Flash2 & CrashFree BIOS2