Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 23-02-09, 03:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
OC3D Review: Zotac GTX295 PCIe Graphics card

Experience jaw-dropping realism and unparallelled performance at extreme high-definition resolutions with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 295. The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 295 packs the raw power of two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 200 graphics processors on a single card for unmatched 3D processing power.

Read the full review HERE.

Old 23-02-09, 03:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Those 295 cards look pretty set to reference.

I'm kinda confused as to why/if the 4870x2 lacks at high resolutions or cos of the quality/AA settings ? Any1 know ?

I was lead to believe the 4870x2 was a champion at very high resolutions, so maybe it is the quality settings ?

£420 is astonishing lol

Old 23-02-09, 04:24 PM
OC3D Elite

The 4870x2 was the champ at high res + AA. Not anymore as it appears the 295 handles high res better.
Old 23-02-09, 04:53 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm with u now.

Gonna get much push on that 576mhz with same/different cooling ? 576 seems to me it'd hit 600 without squealing too much. Temps worry me tho. Although a very nice idle power.

Great stuff btw.

Old 23-02-09, 05:14 PM
OC3D Elite

The XFX model is £20 cheaper but features the same things.

Except for the game bundle which could easily make you sway towards either card.

Want GRID then go for Zotac. Want Far Cry 2 then go for XFX.
Old 23-02-09, 05:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Is it also a sign of the times that we don't hold too much difference between the cards from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I mean in the past I would personally have prompted for a Gigabyte silent card, then was quite taken by XFX and have bought them out of habit ever since.

But being honest, eVGA/Zotac/BFG/XFX/whatever, I wouldn't shun any of them - I know they'll all go for the same reference and same dodgy cooler. I can see it's a dodgy loud one just by looking at it. Different stickers perhaps.

As time goes by, different speeds appear on the shelf, but from what I've seen so far, they are the same cards and coolers, just factory clocked. Says to me what the basic one can achieve.

Be nice if one of them stepped out of the darkness with a really good cooler. Kinda like some of the ati variants u see.

Do-not like the nVidia 2 slot reference cooler one bit tbh.

Oh, yeah the bundles are the draw - bet ur arse XFX won't give u an 8pin cable

Old 23-02-09, 06:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='zak4994'
The XFX model is £20 cheaper but features the same things.

Except for the game bundle which could easily make you sway towards either card.

Want GRID then go for Zotac. Want Far Cry 2 then go for XFX.
At the time of writing both the Zotac and XFX were priced the same from 'reputable' e-tailors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
Is it also a sign of the times that we don't hold too much difference between the cards from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I mean in the past I would personally have prompted for a Gigabyte silent card, then was quite taken by XFX and have bought them out of habit ever since.

But being honest, eVGA/Zotac/BFG/XFX/whatever, I wouldn't shun any of them - I know they'll all go for the same reference and same dodgy cooler. I can see it's a dodgy loud one just by looking at it. Different stickers perhaps.

As time goes by, different speeds appear on the shelf, but from what I've seen so far, they are the same cards and coolers, just factory clocked. Says to me what the basic one can achieve.

Be nice if one of them stepped out of the darkness with a really good cooler. Kinda like some of the ati variants u see.

Do-not like the nVidia 2 slot reference cooler one bit tbh.

Oh, yeah the bundles are the draw - bet ur arse XFX won't give u an 8pin cable
True:

Package Contents: GX-295N-HHFF, DVI Adapter, S-Video Component Adapter, 6 Pin Y Power Cable, SPDIF Cable

Why they included an S-video cable is beyond me though considering there isn't an S-video port on GTX295
Old 23-02-09, 06:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='w3bbo'
Why they included an S-video cable is beyond me though considering there isn't an S-video port on GTX295
They threw it in while thinking "meh. Might as well."
Old 23-02-09, 06:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Isn't it a DV-out, even tho u got an svhs cable ?

Old 23-02-09, 06:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice review Rich.

My 2nd 295 went back was tested and found faulty today. Going back to an X2 and saving £100. Can't be dealing with any more dodgy 295s. Was a very good overclocker too comparing it to others around.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit