Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 18-02-09, 12:40 PM
OC3D Elite

They shoot horses don't they?

I'm glad I'm not one. What a freaking week.

Wife gives me the flu. So I man up and spend the weekend lying on the sofa, dying in a typical manly way with swathes of coughing up lung butter and blowing my nose for England.

Come monday afternoon I'm just about on my feet again and wobbling round the house when I yawn and something goes pop in my throat in a major way. Cue blinding searing agony coupled to a complete inability to speak or swallow for about an hour. Many many painkillers and things later and I'm just about able to have a bowl of soup last night, when I then got the first ever migraine in my life. Which absofreakinglutely is not a pleasant experience.

I'm damn glad I'm not a horse or I'd have been put down. God knows what my body is up to but it seems to be rebelling or something. This has been hateful to the extreme. My head is still dull, my throat is so tender I can't touch it and I've got the energy of a stoned sloth.

Being middle-age sucks.

Old 18-02-09, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Sounds to me like you need TTL to powdercoat your throat !

Here
Old 18-02-09, 12:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Ouch, first migraine, that quite sucks. How much did you drink in the week before? Dehydration causes my migraine.

I hope your throat heals quickly so you can restore a bit.

Old 18-02-09, 12:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Lmao. Yes but I still prefer my original suggestion. We can't change it

I'm positive that the combination of the flu, and then my throat, meant I was hugely dehydrated.

You'd think being a gentleman built for comfort not for speed, coupled to our bodies being mostly water, I'd have been fine lol.
Old 18-02-09, 04:56 PM
OC3D Elite

only ever had one migraine, it hurts. alot.
Old 18-02-09, 04:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Never had a migraine, I have had one nose bleed in my life.

Never had chicken poxxxies nor measles, I always carried the illness and spread to everyone at school haven't been properly sick since I was around 8.
Old 18-02-09, 05:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Dav0s'
only ever had one migraine, it hurts. alot.
Tell me. Fudged up orientation (missing a handle by half a meter), not able to speak, headache to the point of throwing up... I can pretty much say I've had it all. Good thing I've learned to drink regularly and detecting it in time now, prevents me from getting it or at least limiting the damage by drinking a lot at the first signs.

Is yours over yet / how long have you had it?

Old 18-02-09, 06:32 PM
OC3D Elite

It eased off and is now just one of those annoying dull aches. Like a child on christmas eve. Rather than blinding agony. Like your wife when you've forgotten her birthday.

Thanks for asking
Old 18-02-09, 07:27 PM
OC3D Elite

unlucky mate, did you find out what went wrong with your throat?
Old 18-02-09, 07:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='monkey7'
Tell me. Fudged up orientation (missing a handle by half a meter), not able to speak, headache to the point of throwing up... I can pretty much say I've had it all. Good thing I've learned to drink regularly and detecting it in time now, prevents me from getting it or at least limiting the damage by drinking a lot at the first signs.

Is yours over yet / how long have you had it?
I don't call them headaches, more head-pains tbh.

Used to get the odd headache like regular people would decades ago, but every 3 months or so now I get hit by a pain. Right in the front of the head.

Brought on by: chocolate, coffee, smoking, lack of air (like working on a pc project at home for very long hours without a decent break), certain foods, alcohol and variations of stuff teetering around it's use-by date. Sex can make it worse. I dispose of ALL stuff that is of/out of date religiously cos of this. Also very nasal about "once something is open, use it within so many days or chuck it". Just not worth any risks.

Quack said it was due to stress. I said I don't believe in stress, and so she said it was "hidden stress". I quacked back, she seemed to understand, and I took some asprin.

Worst thing being it's most of the indulgent things I'd get up to if I had a week off.

Spend about a day, sometimes 2, in the dark, being delirious - the days after get something others may describe as headaches that is like a hangover from the pain.

Happy days