Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 10-02-09, 05:39 PM

These voices in my head speak to me...

... and they are telling me to go and buy an i7 cpu, motherboard and three new sticks of super fast memory

I cant affords its says I!!

But looks! It's so sexy all that yellowyness!!

And the memory!

And then a super fast new processor too!

Sigh, these voices, I wish they would just STFU.

Old 10-02-09, 05:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Have your E8400 shut them up, that should help Your rig is good enough to handle nearly everyting at the moment.

Btw: these same voices keep telling me I need a new or a second graphics card xD

Old 10-02-09, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

It's good that they are just voices in your head. My voices make phone calls to stores across the country trying to locate a GTX295 in stock...

Wait 'till you get there... we'll talk...
Old 10-02-09, 07:15 PM
OC3D Elite

I have the same voices... I've come so close to giving in. When I thought my mobo was dead the other night, that was it.. decision was made and I was buying i7 while my Maximus would be off RMAing and when it came back I'd sell it on.

See, it was all planned out until I solved the issue.

Now I've gotta go back to ignoring the voices.

The Patriot Viper 6GB DDR3 triple channel kit on Aria for like £114 didn't help matters much.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 11-02-09, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='monkey7'
Have your E8400 shut them up, that should help Your rig is good enough to handle nearly everyting at the moment.

Btw: these same voices keep telling me I need a new or a second graphics card xD
This is very true. I think we all get sucked into getting the newest and latest tech, even when there is no real need. How often do users actaully use the full power of their computers? Not often I feel, maybe the odd bit of BOINC or Folding@Home etc etc.

Software isnt even up to speed yet either is it? Most software doesnt use 2 cores fully, let alone 4, and intel have an 8(?) core i7 on the horizon.. Heck most software is still written for 32bit.
Old 11-02-09, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

one of them voices gone mental and took over me all together, i couldnt think at all, i think that might be one of the reasons i have this GTX280 lying on my table...
Old 12-02-09, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

A currier is on his way to me with my brand new GTX 295... Voices 1 - 0 Me