Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 20-01-09, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Buying a new case, and i need some help

Hello guys, like the title says, im going to buy a new case, and a PSU.

since i am already decided of what im going to buy, i wont need any help at chosing, but i will need help at another thing, where to buy

lets start then: im aiming at a cooler master cosmos S and i really like this case (lots of room / great cooling, and alot more that i dont need to speak since everyone knows how good it is).

the only store that sells it in my country has a bitter price (no kidding) using a conversor (used the yahoo one just to show) it is at 457.40 Euros (ouch!!) and that means all my money going to the case so no new PSU.

so i had the great idea of asking people from the forums, if there's any webstore that sells them worldwide (since its worldwide doesn't matter were the store is located ~ US / Europe / etc).

also if possible the store need to have another way to send the package (no UPS, since they charged 800+ USD for a PSU for my friend and obviously he bought it here it was cheaper than paying UPS).

and this last iten i said, will be probably the hardest since this case package weighs alot.

other info:

the PSU will be a corsair HX 520 (depending on the price maybe i will go for a 600 ~700 model, but thats most improbable).

thanks everyone, and since its a hard task just tell me if you guys can, dont need to search or anything.

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz / thermalright ultra 120 / MSI P35 Platinum / Gforce 8600 GT super 512 / 2gb Kingston HiperX / Soyo 460w / Maxtor 250gb
Old 20-01-09, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

My case of choice is the Antec P182. Very quiet, simplistic, great features.

Review

£90 (ish) don't know how much that is in euros lol

Amazing case, I really reccomend it
RAM: Corsair 12GB
Case: Antec P182
HDD 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
HDD 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB
Old 20-01-09, 10:26 PM
OC3D Elite

The P182 retails at around €120 in the Netherlands, I guess that's the european price. I don't think you are going to get your shipping any cheaper than €40 though.

Old 20-01-09, 10:30 PM

Since you are planning to shell out that much money for a casing, may I suggest the Black Label, also by coolermaster It comes with a great PSU and everything you could possibly want.

USD 600 at svc...

hssp[]www[]svc[]com/rc-1000s-kkn2-gp[]html and they ship internationally, so you MAY discuss shipping options with them.

hssp://blacklabel.coolermaster[]com

Regards,

-HypoG

P.S. Change hssp to http due to the anti-spam protection.
Old 20-01-09, 11:04 PM
Advanced Member

hmm, thanks everyone,im at svc web site, and the shipping rates with priority mail are 264 USD, not so bad (since ups is 800+ lol), also i will try looking for more itens like the psu on svc, and see if the shiping continues at same price.

any other sites who sell worldwide are welcome.

many thanks again guys

Soap.

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz / thermalright ultra 120 / MSI P35 Platinum / Gforce 8600 GT super 512 / 2gb Kingston HiperX / Soyo 460w / Maxtor 250gb
Old 20-01-09, 11:15 PM

No Problem. Other website that offer worldwide shipping are;

frozencpu[]com

tigerdirect[]com [Not recommended, slightly higher rates]

petratechshop[]com

pcpower[]com <-- Top rate PSU to your house via fedex at 30 dollars + 15% of psu cost.

crazypc[]com

Well there are tonnes more, but if you find these unsatisfactory, post again and I'll see if I can find more.
Old 20-01-09, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='HypoglossalXII'
No Problem. Other website that offer worldwide shipping are;

frozencpu[]com

tigerdirect[]com [Not recommended, slightly higher rates]

petratechshop[]com

pcpower[]com <-- Top rate PSU to your house via fedex at 30 dollars + 15% of psu cost.

crazypc[]com

Well there are tonnes more, but if you find these unsatisfactory, post again and I'll see if I can find more.
Petra - already in my favs hehe,great WC itens there, but i need to send them an e-mail so they will see how much the shipping is, i would like to calculate it since im still in the research phase (something more informal hehe)

pcp&c - sadly they dont ship to brazil, but their PSU are simple owning, love them.

hmm frozen was the site i got a psu for almost 800 UPS shipping hehe, im scared of them lol;

also i found one called sidewinder computers (wow i will prob getting my WC itens there, good prices and ship to my country at 70USD lol; but sadly they dont sell cases)

anyways, i think i already got alot of material for research here for some time, until that thanks again mate

Old 20-01-09, 11:58 PM

Sounds good mate. Good luck researching.
Old 21-01-09, 02:50 AM

I have ordered a couple times from Sidewinder and the service is good and the shipments were quick but Im in the US.

Please Read!

Effective Immediately.

The light at the end of the tunnel will now be extinguished due to the current economic conditions.

We are sorry form any problems this may cause.

Project: Black MAX

In Progress

Pushin the HAF to the MAX!
Old 21-01-09, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='HafMaster'
I have ordered a couple times from Sidewinder and the service is good and the shipments were quick but Im in the US.
hmm, thats good to hear, good reputation comes with good service, i would love sidewinder to start selling cases aswell, their prices are great, and shipping cost dont ask for you soul as payment, unlike UPS XD, thats why i will probably getting my WC itens there.

anyways if anyone know other stores feel free to tell me.

ps. the psu isnt super expensive here, the store was something near 169 USD (changing the coins for dollars), but still a corsair HX520, so its not super cheap anyways lol.

the case that makes me uneasy to buy, since here it costs alot, and the one i saw was the cosmos S w/o revision, people said its fan exploded or something like that and that scares me.

Soap.