Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-01-09, 12:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Hiper launches first model of new PSU series: S625 80PLUS Bronze certified

Hiper introduces its brand new S Series with the first model: S625.

Details in the Press Release

Old 10-01-09, 01:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks quite nice, but can't really see any MAJOR improvements from other companies here. I suppose my biased opinion is a bit of a headache for some people, but the power supplies I have had from them are terrible.

This will not rule out me buying products from the company, just not power supplies .
Old 10-01-09, 05:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Price seems reasonable, some nice power and efficiency.

I'd be happier if they had the 8pin pcie on the psu rather than adaptors. I've found them not to work for some reason.

Old 11-01-09, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Not a fan of the fully mesh cases on PSU's, dont allow for a proper forced flow of air for the unit... which often means the fan has to spin faster to keep it below a certain temp.
Old 13-01-09, 04:30 AM

Had a hiper PSU before the one I'm currently using (enermax). The hiper just died on me one day. When this happens I tend to avoid that company, is anyone else like this, they get faulty computer equipment it breaks, then avoid that brand from then on?
Old 02-03-09, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='D-Cyph3r'
Not a fan of the fully mesh cases on PSU's, dont allow for a proper forced flow of air for the unit... which often means the fan has to spin faster to keep it below a certain temp.
I can understand and agree with two fully meshed sides ( the exterior exhaust side where the power cord is attached and the interior side where all the cables that go to the internal components ) ,I cant understand why all the other two sides are also with mesh , if all the sides are meshed how can be developed an airflow pathway ?

All the reviews about PSU are asking for PSU with single rail because single rail is better , why four rails ?
Old 02-03-09, 09:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks...like a decent psu

I think my next buy will deffo be modular thought - less cables to have to try and hide

I can see what you mean about the non-channelled airflow though
Old 02-03-09, 10:11 PM

I dont like Modular PSU , my case can hide all the cables at the back of the mobo tray , therefore I avoid modular PSU , professionals system builders dont use modular PSU
Old 03-03-09, 08:31 AM
OC3D Elite

I'm with everyone else. I wish Hiper would give up on the mesh casing idea. Not only does it mess up any airflow path but it also allows heat to go straight back into the PC case (the very place the PSU is getting its air from).

Also there have been times when i've been glad of a solid PSU case - like when that one lone drip of water from a newly built water cooling setup manages to jump through the air.