Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 10-12-08, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: Foxconn ELA P45 Motherboard

Looking for a fully featured HTPC motherboard based upon the Intel P45 Chipset? If so, the Foxconn ELA may be what you're looking for...

Foxconn ELA P45 Motherboard review

Old 10-12-08, 01:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Ouch. That looks like a mobo desperately seeking a bios upd8 of sorts. The only thing I would throw out is the possibility that this mobo would perform better with the 45nm cpus - it's a longshot, but with the likes of Q6600 going eol, perhaps they've initially overlooked their specific tuning in favor of more current cpus.

That being said, if it is the case, I`m sure they`ll still look into doing a bios for them out of demand.

Even with it's shortfallings in the oc department, I'm surprized it did as well as it did.

Big sticking point is £200. Foxconn really do charge over the odds for their mobos. In some cases, with the BlackOps packaging, u can sanction an excuse. But here I definately can't, by a good £50.

Nice review, even tho disappointing.

Old 12-12-08, 09:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for the feedback Rast and definitely agreed - Foxconn have shot themselves in the foot here unfortunately