I didn't plan of starting this build log until I had something proper to show, but as i've already started doing stuff to the case, why not.
Basically i'm going to be using my A71 that i've been trying to sell for weeks now (I know, rather lucky it didn't go in the end). A quick reminder for anyone who doesn't remember what it looks like:
A quick run down of what'd be happening to give her an adequate make over:
-Laser cutting on the door
-Black internal powdercoating
-Custom top plate for vandal switches
-Custom Rails for base (no more wheels)
-A whole bunch of fancy anodised bolts and washers
-Green acrylic replaced with red+mesh
-Custom top radiator grill
Having had a large amount of debt written off money isn't a problem anymore (although I am still relying on selling alot of my old gear *hint hint wink wink*), so i'm hoping to get this build done and finished in a relatively short time frame.
READY. SET. GO!
Case stripped of everything not needed... which turned out to be pretty much everything. No more rear HDD caddy, no more front panel switches, no more front fan filters, no more front LED's:
As you can see i've started removing the Akasa stuff and lemme tell you, it's HORRENDOUS. Just to get the worst off the front and part of the back took an hour and half with a couple of stanley blades. >.<
Obviously still a lot more cleaning to to go yet:
And the draw I threw everything from the case in:
More very soon.