Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 26-11-08, 11:32 AM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: Cooler Master ATCS 840 Aluminium ATX Case

"Cooler Master has revived the much loved ATCS range and we were given the chance to take the ATCS 840 for a testdrive."

Cooler Master ATCS 840 Aluminium ATX Case

Old 26-11-08, 12:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Wow what a gorgeous looking beast and I agree with the areas that you highlighted for further improvement. I've gotta get me a black one of these
Old 26-11-08, 02:29 PM
The Webmaster

wow that's stunning! i'd easily have one of these with a full black interior possible window or mesh side panel and a BLACK badge... hrm...

I'm due a new case, be nice to have one thats basically ready to go for watercooling too... tempting...

how much is this? i didn't see a price
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | NZXT Hale 90 v2 1000w | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Pure - White | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!

SPS : Apparently they bend if you sit on them in your back pocket - which fucking spasticated mother fucker puts a phone in their back pocket
Old 26-11-08, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Been waiting for this review.

Absolutely gorgeous case though, easily able to hold it's own against a Lian Li or Silverstone. I also like how they took all the good bits from the Cosmos S aswell, the tool-less drive bays and radiator-compatible roof particularly.

Also, lovely artwork on the front of the box, if a little out of place.
Old 26-11-08, 03:02 PM
OC3D Elite

That case is stunning . Love all the little details. This would definitely be in my case wishlist xD
Old 26-11-08, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to MeltedDuron Send a message via MSN to MeltedDuron
Wow Jim thats a great review as usual! I think thats a lovely case with some insane cooling, but I dont get how they can call it an ATCS At least to me the ATCS cases were nearly all smallish mid towers with beautifully simple design...

Even though I've butchered it a lot, my old Praetorian (last rev. ATC-201 in black ano) still makes me go wow at the engineering involved, if you took out the fans, switches, LED's and the front IO thing you wouldnt be able to find a piece of plastic in the whole case.

The ATCS 840 is lovely but I don't have one on my christmas list. If anyone from CM can read this (yeah right ) come out with a beautiful mid tower (think ATC-110), and I'll buy one, maybe even two!

On a side note, didn't CM fire the ATCS engineers years ago and they went to work for silverstone?

Alex
Old 26-11-08, 05:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='MeltedDuron'
Wow Jim thats a great review as usual! I think thats a lovely case with some insane cooling, but I dont get how they can call it an ATCS At least to me the ATCS cases were nearly all smallish mid towers with beautifully simple design...
Well most....

S4000-SX baby

But yeah i do agree, the original ATCS cases were midi-towers, but tbh that was more because most people had little use for anything larger at the time rather than CM's choice.

Quote:
Even though I've butchered it a lot, my old Praetorian (last rev. ATC-201 in black ano) still makes me go wow at the engineering involved, if you took out the fans, switches, LED's and the front IO thing you wouldnt be able to find a piece of plastic in the whole case.
Yeppers I'm still on the look-out for an all original / immaculate Black Widow

Quote:

On a side note, didn't CM fire the ATCS engineers years ago and they went to work for silverstone?
Something like that, but ye all _original_ ATCS engineers are now Silverstone. Hence if you look at the TJ03, its basically a ATC-201 with a new front panel.
Old 26-11-08, 06:10 PM
OC3D Elite

well nice

does it come with a window

i dont usually like CM cases, but i think they've turned a corner

the stacker was horrible

the new stacker was horrible

most of their cheeper cases were cheep and nasty

the black widdow was nice

and the wavemaster, but thats it

this joins the nice club methinks
Old 27-11-08, 04:55 PM
The Webmaster

ok seriously? a price and a place to buy and a date?
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | NZXT Hale 90 v2 1000w | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Pure - White | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!

SPS : Apparently they bend if you sit on them in your back pocket - which fucking spasticated mother fucker puts a phone in their back pocket
Old 28-11-08, 08:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='SuB'
ok seriously? a price and a place to buy and a date?
The only confirmed stockist I've got at the moment is YOYOTech and it should be available early December. The RRP i was given + 15% Tax adds up to around £202, but it could be £210 tops I've been told.