Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Memory

Old 18-11-08, 06:59 PM

Dominator Memory Question - HELP!

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a tricky situation and would like some advice.

I bought a Twin2X4096-8500 (2x2gb sticks) Corsair Dominator DDR2 pack from ebay over 3 months ago. I built my new system and one of the modules were faulty. So I got back in contact with the seller and he offered to replace it. I posted it back and he said he will send a new module to me once he gets a new stock.

2 weeks later he emailed me stating that the module has been posted by Royal Mail and will be with me within the week. I waited a week and still nothing.

Anyway to cut a long story short, he "Apparently" sent 2 parcels out to me now via RM and I have not received anything. I asked for a tracking number as I requested it to be sent recorded but he didnt do that and just told me its in the mail again.

Now I have got to a point of requesting half the money back and he has agreed and have sent a PayPal money request to him.

The question is... I would like to know if I can....

1) Buy a single 2gb module of the same memory?

2) Does the "Twin" mean they are matching memory and will only work with it's matching pair i.e That came in the pack all those months ago and was broken?

Any help of this would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end now and just want some resolution.

Thanks

Lord Flashheart: Always treat your kite like you treat your woman!

George: What? do you mean take her home to meet your mother?

Lord Flashheart: No! I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Old 26-11-08, 04:35 AM

U cannot buy a single memory to replace a 2X1 gig dual channel memory... Bottom line U are screwed... Hoping to save some money on EBAY it end up costing you more... U have a big heart trusting ebay especially computer stuff....
Old 26-11-08, 08:09 AM

Fusion as far as I know, If you can find another 2GB DDR2 8500 Module you should have no problem. They must have exactly the same timings other wise the faster module will run as slow as the slowest module.

It will make things a damn side easier if your looking to overclock them too..

Check the model number on the module you have and try finding your self a supplier via google.

EViL386
Old 26-11-08, 08:24 AM

Thanks for your replies. I have managed to get hold of the chap from ebay and he has offered a full refund once I told him that they were sold as a matching pair. So now I am getting some new memory delivered today via city-link.

ReaperX HPC Enhanced Bandwidth 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2

Lord Flashheart: Always treat your kite like you treat your woman!

George: What? do you mean take her home to meet your mother?

Lord Flashheart: No! I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Old 26-11-08, 08:31 AM

Good for you fusion never trust the rm unless it's sent recorded.