Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games

Old 09-11-08, 04:42 PM
The Webmaster

Gears of War 2

Why is there no thread?!

Got it at 12:00 release day, first time i've ever done that..

anyone else?

(just finished it on easy WHAT a campaign!!!!) there are LOADS more achievements and things to do

can't wait to try horde too

so opinions?!?!?!?!

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | NZXT Hale 90 v2 1000w | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Pure - White | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!

SPS : Apparently they bend if you sit on them in your back pocket - which fucking spasticated mother fucker puts a phone in their back pocket
Old 09-11-08, 07:03 PM
OC3D Crew

I was expecting it to look much better than it does.

No real visual improvement over the original.

Thought the whole 'in the worm' level was poor

I am liking the greater number of enemies though.

Also they seem to have nicked the carrying of heavy machine guns straight from halo 3!!

Found a fair few glitches. In the training mission if i crouched behind any cover the whole environment vanishes, i'm crouched in white nothingness.

Blew up some bad guys and they get stuck in mid air, levitating!

haven't finished yet so i'll get back with any more.

ED
Old 10-11-08, 08:26 AM

Wait a sec, you played Gears on easy?!? Come on..

I'm not gettting it any time soon, I've got Fallout 3 and Little Big Plant to scratch the surface of for the moment.
Old 10-11-08, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

I've finished campaign on Insane solo and finished horde on casual with a mate . The match making system is quite poor and the story is a bit weak - "It's a giant worm, they're sinking cities with a GIANT WORM!", I mean seriously.

If anyone is having issues with horde; go on the map "river", get to wave 8ish and kill a mauler, pick up it's shield, go into a house and plant it on the stair case. It stops any enemies from getting passed, after that you can pick them off from a distance.
Old 10-11-08, 07:00 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Nick R'
I've finished campaign on Insane solo and finished horde on casual with a mate . The match making system is quite poor and the story is a bit weak - "It's a giant worm, they're sinking cities with a GIANT WORM!", I mean seriously.

If anyone is having issues with horde; go on the map "river", get to wave 8ish and kill a mauler, pick up it's shield, go into a house and plant it on the stair case. It stops any enemies from getting passed, after that you can pick them off from a distance.
having a giant worm i could live with but a level trekking through it!!

Plus the final mutating boss thing was crap.

Lastly where the hell have the Berzerkers gone!!!
Old 10-11-08, 08:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Apparently its no different to the original?

Not another over hyped epic fail game?

Brings back memories of Spore..mercenaries 2...gta4...so many bad feelings
Old 11-11-08, 08:05 AM

Not really overhyped, it was always going to be more of the same.
Old 11-11-08, 08:12 AM
The Webmaster

well tbh i enjoyed it, it wasn't uberwow omg this is a world ending game, but it was great.

I did notice a few engine tweaks, it doens't seem as choppy, motion blur is subtle but nice, the new lighting looks very nice in dark places and the water is kinda cool too.

I like the new weapon sounds and a few of the tweaks they have done with them.

I also like the free included multiplayer map pack that you can download with a code in the box much enjoyed doing Horde on Gridlock can setup a nice defensive position on that.

Overall i think it's a good release and i enjoyed it, looking forward to some more co-op options and i love that there are bots available to get the acheivements too, which are actually attainable this time round and not stupid things like 'must do x in ranked matches' sorta thing..
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | NZXT Hale 90 v2 1000w | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Pure - White | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!

SPS : Apparently they bend if you sit on them in your back pocket - which fucking spasticated mother fucker puts a phone in their back pocket