Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 23-09-08, 12:40 PM
OC3D Crew

OC3D Review: Lian Li TYR PC-X2000 Chassis

With sublime styling and some welcome features, the X2000 is the latest offering from Lian Li. Is it up to their usual standards?

Find out in our in-depth review.

Old 23-09-08, 12:54 PM
OC3D Elite

That just wreaks class tbh.

I think the minor niggles are perhaps something that can be overcome - but I do hear that for £305 u really shouldn`t have to, or there should be options included in the kit to assist u.

Ur damn lucky to get ur mits on that, it looks a pleasure to build in and work in.

The only thing I really don`t like are/is the i/o on/off section. The rest of the case features can be forgiven with the style and such, placing the things on the top is perhaps weird. However, I don`t think it`s designed to go under a desk, more to stand on it`s own in a room as a feature. A piece of furniture to comment upon. I`d imagine with it stood on the floor, the buttons/ports are very accessible.

Very nice review, I`d get them, not for the price they are atm tho.

Old 23-09-08, 01:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks brilliant, oozes style and great review. However, I have concerns about the lack of 5.25 bays. I personally have a dvd burner, blu-ray burner, fan controller (I know this isn't such an issue with this case), floppy disc drive, pico itx pc and a draw full of screws and bits.

Even if I got rid of the bay full of stuff and the fan controller, I'm still one bay over the limit. If I was going to spend £305 on a case, I would expect enough room to stick in more optical drives. What if you were to buy a 5.25 res?

Other than that though it looks great, but I can't help feeling that its targeted markets such as HTCP (too big) or performance (not enough expansion) have been missed.

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 23-09-08, 03:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Do u think that if u can lash out £300+ on a case, u`d be able to buy a BR/DVD/RW single unit ?

Old 23-09-08, 03:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Granted you could (I have), but what if you like to be able to do direct read/writes from one disc to another.

My only point is that if I spent £300+ on a case, I'd want it as close to perfect as possible and having to make do with only 2 5.25" bays and a 3.5" isn't my cuppa. Perhaps they could have got rid of the 3.5 external for a third 5.25" (I seem to be the only person who still needs an fdd)

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 24-09-08, 09:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Morning guys, I love the look of this case but theres just too many things wrong with it.

A: They should have used black pcb boards for the sata section

B: Used black internal cables for the usb etc

C: Fan controller is in a completely ridiculous place, do something mad, touch screen it and make it flat with the case.

D: The price!!!!!!! DAMN!!! could go on holiday for that.

Nice case, not enough features for what they are asking rrp.

And im with you on that drive bay res, what if you do buy one (which most people do) then your screwed for placement of another bay. ( I only have 1 dvd drive and a fan controller and the fan controller is only there as I lost a bezel, ROFL)

But I do like the case, espcially the way they have coloured the inside which is one thing I think all companys should do.
Old 24-09-08, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

I wish I had hot swap bays, they do look like a great idea, only thing is you need to take the side panel off, it would have been better to stick holes in the side so you could connect or reconnect. Agree on the black PCB...that would look great.

Old 24-09-08, 10:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to BloomerzUK
Nice review.

Typo on last paragraph on last page: Lain Li
Old 24-09-08, 10:24 AM
OC3D Elite

gorgeous looking case

amazingly designed

reeks quality as the rest of ya have said

very good review, very thorough

shame bout the price
Old 24-09-08, 10:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='BloomerzUK'
Nice review.

Typo on last paragraph on last page: Lain Li
Maybe we'll start seeing Lain Li cases, from the guys that brought you Ronex watches