Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 20-09-08, 11:06 AM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: XFX 9600GSO 384mb vs Sapphire HD4670 512mb

"The XFX 9600GSO and Sapphire HD4670 go head to head in the battle for mid range supremacy. Who do you think will come out on top?" - by Webbo

XFX 9600GSO 384mb vs Sapphire HD4670 512mb

Old 20-09-08, 01:18 PM

Nice review!

That shows you.. clock speed isn't anything compared to realworld performance, seeing that the 9600GSO can perform better and it has lower clock speeds. I think that is brilliant, personally nVidia are loosing on the higher end market due to the ATi HD4870 etc but they are king of the mid-budget market
Old 20-09-08, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Nice review, good to see nvidia making *ahem* new products to compete :P (I mean, its like got a 9 on the front, and a gso on the back boss, new technology!)

Good review though, and since i am looking at an sff build/mod/project log i am looking at these kind of mid-range cards
Old 20-09-08, 02:18 PM

There isn't just one spelling "blooper." The entire article is rife with spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. I kept reading for the information, but the presentation was so horrid it was nearly unbearable.

On the intro page alone I count 3 mistakes the most horrible of which is the use of "there" when "their" is the word that should be used. Ugh.
Old 20-09-08, 04:14 PM
OC3D Elite

I reckon Nvidia aren't being beaten on the top end of the market, for anyone with loads of cash (i.e. me) the 280GTX presents a great single card solution, with less scaling issues in dual card set up.

Back on topic, great review, very thorough, nice to see the settings in Crysis. I was thinking about the 4670 as a nice card to put in a friends machine. Maybe a 9600GSO might be a better bet, but the 9800GT's look good and they are only about £20 on top.

Will you be using Crysis Warhawk to benchmark things in the future, what with the engine optimising?

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 20-09-08, 09:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='°TheMadDutchDude°'
Nice review!

That shows you.. clock speed isn't anything compared to realworld performance, seeing that the 9600GSO can perform better and it has lower clock speeds. I think that is brilliant, personally nVidia are loosing on the higher end market due to the ATi HD4870 etc but they are king of the mid-budget market
Glad you liked the review. It does appear that NVidia and ATI have changed places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Diablo'
I reckon Nvidia aren't being beaten on the top end of the market, for anyone with loads of cash (i.e. me) the 280GTX presents a great single card solution, with less scaling issues in dual card set up.

Back on topic, great review, very thorough, nice to see the settings in Crysis. I was thinking about the 4670 as a nice card to put in a friends machine. Maybe a 9600GSO might be a better bet, but the 9800GT's look good and they are only about £20 on top.

Will you be using Crysis Warhawk to benchmark things in the future, what with the engine optimising?
I'll be reviewing the 9800GT shortly and will be using the GSO and 4670 for comparison so keep checking the site buddy. Benchmarking with Warhawk will depend on the game engine itself and the challenge it presents to GPU's.
Old 20-09-08, 09:50 PM

Very nice. It is nice to see this forum so alive compared to other ones that I have been on, I really enjoy it and I am going to stick around

I just wish that I could now become a reviewer seeing the fun jobs you guys get!! It also helps that I push my system unbelievably high on air.. I love it but I do realise that I can screw the lot up if I am not careful..
Old 20-09-08, 11:32 PM

Enjoy the cards, I'm too poor to buy either of them.
Old 21-09-08, 01:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='°TheMadDutchDude°'
Very nice. It is nice to see this forum so alive compared to other ones that I have been on, I really enjoy it and I am going to stick around

I just wish that I could now become a reviewer seeing the fun jobs you guys get!! It also helps that I push my system unbelievably high on air.. I love it but I do realise that I can screw the lot up if I am not careful..
Reviewing can be fun and it is great to get the latest kit to try out but it is sometimes a thankless task (see above), especially when you consider the time and effort that is put into said reviews for the benefit of others. One must learn not to rise to the bait I guess.

Good luck in pushing your setup, which should become easier now the cold weather is on its way.
Old 21-09-08, 07:19 AM

Yeah. ::steps off Ole' Starlight::

Thank for the review, I'm actually building a computer for my sister soon and my goal is to keep it cheap and powerful. It looks like both of these cards fit that bill. Ciao.