Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 23-06-08, 10:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Early B0 Stepping Nehalem Benchies

Preliminary benchies are looking good...real good

Details in the news article

Old 23-06-08, 10:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Certainly looks good for 1.1v (which cpuz could well be massaging) and 533mhz fsb!

Old 23-06-08, 11:29 AM
OC3D Elite

oo oo oo

stuff getting a cheap quad then!

Imma gonna get one of these instead ^^
Old 23-06-08, 10:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mrapoc'
oo oo oo

stuff getting a cheap quad then!

Imma gonna get one of these instead ^^
Still a way off yet mate.

Cheap quad ftw!

Also at Rast:.. I was thinking the same thing instantly looking at the screenie.. 1.1v!! Like ya say though.. Could be bogus from CPUZ.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 23-06-08, 10:52 PM

Almost certainly a bogus CPU-z reading tbh

Still, Nehalem looking good
Old 24-06-08, 09:20 AM
OC3D Elite

I`m getting pretty sick of mobo utils, free monitoring tools (although u can only get limitedly mad at free stuff), all giving different readings for different things.

U can`t 100% trust temps or volts or whatever.

The mobo manufs are the ones that suprize me. They work hand in hand with the cpu manufs, and they do readings... of something... but ?? And yet the 3rd party, "guy in a bedroom", programming tools get a closer or better job done of reading stuff.

Wtf these amateurs up to ?

(not in reference to this cpu btw, I mean in general - but u know for sure when the new mobos & cpus hit the scene, the same will happen)

Old 24-06-08, 12:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'

The mobo manufs are the ones that suprize me. They work hand in hand with the cpu manufs, and they do readings... of something... but ?? And yet the 3rd party, "guy in a bedroom", programming tools get a closer or better job done of reading stuff.
Always the way tbh. Its like buying a new mountain bike and expecting it to come with a snap-on tool kit rather than the piece of metal that vaguely resembles a spanner.

They dont really care about the quality of whats on the CD, so long as the motherboard works and they've got roughly the same features as their competitors they're happy.
Old 24-06-08, 12:34 PM
OC3D Elite

So what`s the point, as in Abit`s case, having the likes of FanEQ when u can`t use it correctly ?

Why have utils on ur CD and boast about them on ur website under the mobo`s description ?

They`d have to care when using the util as an advertizing reference.

I mean, ASUS`s PCProbe looks like it should work and some time has been spent on it. Uguru seems to be upd8d every so many months, and doesn`t work properly.

Gigabyte`s util work 100% ? Intels ? Now Intel have no excuse AT-ALL.

Old 24-06-08, 12:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
So what`s the point, as in Abit`s case, having the likes of FanEQ when u can`t use it correctly ?

Why have utils on ur CD and boast about them on ur website under the mobo`s description ?

They`d have to care when using the util as an advertizing reference.

I mean, ASUS`s PCProbe looks like it should work and some time has been spent on it. Uguru seems to be upd8d every so many months, and doesn`t work properly.

Gigabyte`s util work 100% ? Intels ? Now Intel have no excuse AT-ALL.
Maybe they just think "why bother if there's already good, free utils out there". So long as they can knock up some primitive software for the non-enthusiasts who isn't fussed about a 5c discrepancy in temps.

Its all good for the "guy in bedroom" who wants to make a name for himself too
Old 24-06-08, 12:58 PM
OC3D Elite

5 out ? Sheesh. I doubt I`d worry about that, as long as the volts were good too.

I`d like it if the utils were just `out`. Some mobos, who shall remain nameless, just post a flat number. 12 degrees, on air - and doesn`t move.

Stick in the 3rd party util, and there`s the truth. Now which of the 2 is the professional manufacturer that actually builds stuff ?