on a single fan/radiator block.

Now, for some more information on how I would like to set it up, and with what:

Hardware:

- Radiator: HW Labs Black Ice Pro Radiator

- Fan: Yate Loon D12SM-12

- Pump: D-Tek dB-1

Details for the kit are here

Set up:

I would like to run my CPU and GPU in a parallel configuration, instead of a serial configuration because both cooling blocks will receive cooled water and the flow would be slightly better.

So, what do you think? Will this provide enough cooling?

Sincerely,

Stitch

Old 29-05-08, 10:02 AM

we need to know what type of rad it is 120, 240, or 360 i highly doubt that one fanless rad will be enough (yes you have one fan but with high thermal load it pretty much the same). second we also need to know what your cpu and gfx specs are as these dictate the amount of heat being dumped into the loop.
Old 29-05-08, 10:48 AM

Details:

Sry that I forgot my computer specs. I updated my signature after I created this post and that is why it didn't show them yet.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT Diamond Edition

About the radiator. What I meant with "a single fan/radiator", I meant a radiator which holds 1 fan (120mm in this case)...so, I am guessing this would be a 120 type radiator.

The link that I posted before did not appear well, so here it is again. This is the kit that I would like to get, and add a GPU block in parallel configuration to.

The GPU Block I would like to add is the Danger Den Maze 5, or the Swiftech MCW60-R

Greets,

Stitch10925

--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='agentx'
we need to know what type of rad it is 120, 240, or 360 i highly doubt that one fanless rad will be enough (yes you have one fan but with high thermal load it pretty much the same). second we also need to know what your cpu and gfx specs are as these dictate the amount of heat being dumped into the loop.
Old 30-05-08, 11:03 PM

no you will need either a bigger rad or a second rad to dissipate the heat, as the kit you picked out is ment for only a cpu. also do you plan to oc the cpu/gpu if so you have to consider the added heat. lastly, i and many others would recomend you go fully custom as kit isnt usualy that good, here are some parts you should look at and consider.

Fuzion cpu block (one of the best on the market)

dual core rad something like this http://www.petrastechshop.com/dadenblicepr1.html

and a decent pump of your choice.
Old 31-05-08, 08:47 AM

Custom build

Yes, I was thinking of doing that, had a nice list of things I wanted too, until I calculated the price. I am (sadly enough) on a very tight budget.

Ok, so this kit is not strong enough to also hold a GPU block, that is what I thought. O\C-ing as of yet is not planned, but could be in the future.

Isn't Petra known for their good parts for reasonable prices?

How about this kit? Any suggestions/comments? Once again I would connect the CPU and GPU block in parallel. link

I originally wanted the Corsair Cool Water 100-1001 kit, but I can't find it anywhere anymore. Read tons of good stuff about that kit!
Old 31-05-08, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

yes you need either a second 120 rad or a single 240 rad to cool your rig efficiently. I have a E6700 and 8600GTS, with 2x120 rads, one in a push/pull configuration (2 fans) and one in a pull configuration (1 fan) and it keeps my CPU temperature in the low 30 iddle and around 50 under load, and my GPU in the low 40 iddle and 50-55 under load.

the maze 5 is a good GPU block and if you add it to the second kit, you should have a fairly good cooling, although you should maybe consider going custom as agentx mentioned.

also i am not sure but if you plaan to run the cpu and gpu in parallel you may consider adding a reservoir!?
2x Asus GTX670-DC2-2GD5 SLI, Asus VS238 LED monitor

Old 31-05-08, 08:21 PM

Reservoir needed?

I don't really see the difference in the parallel or series connections when it comes down to the water aspect of it....so, is a reservoir really needed?

When so, what do you think of the Danger Den fillport reservoir? Otherwise I was thinking of the Danger Den Bay Reservoir

In order to create a conclusion for the kit thing. As I stated, I'm pretty low on cash. I work, and I go to school which my job pays, so I'm right now earning 3 times less than I did before until I'm out of school...so obviously I have very little to work with...that is why I decided to go with a kit, even though I did want to "recreate" the Corsair Cool Water Kit by getting its parts together..but it got a bit too expensive. So, the kit of choice in my case seems to be the Petra Basic kit, the Lite would not have enough cooling power, correct?

So, you have 3 fans on two 120 radiators, but you only really need 2 fans right? I was thinking of putting two fans in a pull configuration on a single 240 radiator in order to minimize the dead spot you get because of the fan when putting it in push configuration...I'm assuming that would be ok? (I read you get a very tiny improvement in cooling doing it that way...barely noticeable...but it's there )

Thanks for the info!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='youpla'
yes you need either a second 120 rad or a single 240 rad to cool your rig efficiently. I have a E6700 and 8600GTS, with 2x120 rads, one in a push/pull configuration (2 fans) and one in a pull configuration (1 fan) and it keeps my CPU temperature in the low 30 iddle and around 50 under load, and my GPU in the low 40 iddle and 50-55 under load.

the maze 5 is a good GPU block and if you add it to the second kit, you should have a fairly good cooling, although you should maybe consider going custom as agentx mentioned.

also i am not sure but if you plaan to run the cpu and gpu in parallel you may consider adding a reservoir!?
Old 31-05-08, 08:39 PM

ok well a tight budget is no problem how bout you give me the price your working with and i'll put a list of parts together for you and you can see if you like it. also rads are very important and it might be best if you consisder dual core ones opposed to standard single core.
Old 31-05-08, 08:47 PM

Price Range

Well, I can't give you a precise range, but I'm guessing that would be somewhere around 300 dollars (about 200 Euro)...after some saving :-P

So, I am assuming you are not too much of a fan of that Petra kit eh? Since you are offering to put together parts for me

Just to help you a bit:

- Need cooling for CPU and GPU block (Core 2 Duo E6700 and GeForce 6700 GT Respectively)

- Blocks in parallel configuration would be nice

- I have a mid-sized case, so parts (like pump) can't be to big

- I prefer not to have a reservoir when possible, fillport would be nice, and when a reservoir is needed, either a fillport reservoir or a bay tank

- I want it to be silent! (duh! my fans are really starting to bug me)

- Pump I would like to have on a molex connector or fan header

Guess that's about it :-)

Anyways, many thanks for what you have done and given me for information already

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='agentx'
ok well a tight budget is no problem how bout you give me the price your working with and i'll put a list of parts together for you and you can see if you like it. also rads are very important and it might be best if you consisder dual core ones opposed to standard single core.
Old 31-05-08, 08:54 PM

alright well i'll get on it and find you some good stuff. and its just nice to share my thoughts about pcs and the like =)