Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 24-04-08, 06:45 PM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: The Computer Council - Clocked Gamer Quad PC System

"Fitted with top quality components and overclocked to 3.3ghz, the Clocked Gamer Quad offers top performance at a reasonable price."

Clocked Gamer Quad Review

Old 24-04-08, 07:04 PM
OC3D Crew

Nice review there, I like what you've done comparing it to a stock system. Really shows what a good O/C can do for performance.

Respect to TCC, nice rig with a great, sensible spec. It shocks me how some companys fool nubs with the stupid sales tricks by throwing in "extreme dx10 gaming with sli" with poorer cards such as a pair 8600's when a much better single card solution is a mere £30~£40 more. Good call on the psu aswell, I'd be horrified to buy a high end rig with a cheapy psu in it.

Cheers for the read
Old 24-04-08, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Does this mean there will be more full PC reviews?

I agree with what you said about the website as well, it just lacks the right feel.
Old 24-04-08, 08:16 PM
OC3D Elite

looks like a good system, personally, i wouldnt give up the fun of building my own for a prebuilt, even if it does have such a nice spec, and an overclock, but its gotta be good for beginers, or gamers who dont wanna know about hardware...
Old 24-04-08, 08:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Cheers for the feedback guys

This is indeed the first in what will hopefully be a fairly long line of system reviews. We've got some gaming notebook reviews coming up soon, so look out for those.

But as always, we're not gonna slacken off on the cutting edge hardware reviews
Old 24-04-08, 09:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Fantastic Jim!

Seems we have found another good contact.
Old 24-04-08, 09:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='ionicle'
looks like a good system, personally, i wouldnt give up the fun of building my own for a prebuilt
That's exactly what I am thinking after seeing this review.

I might buy prebuilt if it was cheaper than building it, had good components and was still just as clockable. (prob never going to happen tho)

I'm also a bit bemused at the benchmark results?

Is it the same spec just not overclocked?

If so, it just really proves that overclocking gains performance which is the whole basis/point of overclocking?

Gaming laptop reviews could be interesting

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 8G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Win7
Old 24-04-08, 09:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
Great review Jim. Very informative and an enjoyable read. It's nice to see someone putting the time into building a quality pre-overclocked setup that just 'works' straight from the off. Some people have neither the inclanation nor the time to build and then overclock a setup and don't mind paying a small premium for that service - well done TCC.
Old 24-04-08, 11:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='equk'

I'm also a bit bemused at the benchmark results?

Is it the same spec just not overclocked?

If so, it just really proves that overclocking gains performance which is the whole basis/point of overclocking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by review

Being the first PC system review conducted here at Overclock3D, we unfortunately do not have any results from previous systems to compare the Clocked Gamer Quad against. However, for the benefit of comparison we have constructed a similar spec'd non-overclocked machine to give an idea of just how much faster the Clocked Gamer Quad is to an "off-the-shelf" PC.
Pretty much sums it up right there.

It was a t0ss-up between benchmarking it against nothing which would be totally pointless, or benchmarking against a stock clocked machine and at least giving a small amount of readers the opportunity to see what advantage overclocking has.
Old 24-04-08, 11:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Mate.... That was an awesome review. The generic test was as close to a perfect comparison as you could get, baring the ram but the difference in that spec was minimal.

Just shows what a nice overclock really does.

Tis good to see the time and effort put into each PC built by TCC.. Good job guys!
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit