Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Overclocking

Old 05-04-08, 04:54 PM

dont know what i done

i recently bought more memory for my comp, upgrading to 4g, (4*corsair xms2) from the 2 g cards i had, any way it wouldnt boot up when i put the new ones in,

i noticed a thread in the memory forum with the same problem, so i tried putting the voltage up to 2.0,,, then when i rebooted and put the extra memory in i get a message on boot up, chasis intrusion, overclocking or voltage clocking failed, and fatal error., ok so i better put the voltage back down, but it wont let back into the bios, and now it says theirs no hard drive detected, and ive checked all the connections, i have a feelingive buggerd the mobo, any ideas?

Old 05-04-08, 08:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Well, for starters, what your going to need to do is basically get the thing working.

I`d forget about the new memory sticks for the time being, and get it working like it was.

Go back to 2g, and whilst your in the pc check you haven`t inadvertantly pulled a harddrive cable off, or power cable or anything - check everything is plugged in nice, check for anything that looks odd.

Then close the thing up and try again. The case intrusion thing is pretty normal for a pre-bought machine, Dells nag you about it.

Old 05-04-08, 10:17 PM
Advanced Member

Try to clear CMOS and remove 2 new ram. Rebbot see how it goes? What your mobo? if it work and then take the old ram out and test the new ram which is the same speed of your old one. I think some mobo wil ahve issue with 4 modulles install and overclock. Hope it help.
Old 06-04-08, 10:57 AM

mobo is a asus p5w deluxe, id already taken out the new ram, and it just says

overclock or voltage failure

chasis intrusion

and fatal error, this is after ive pressed delete to get back into the bios and reset it, ill have another look at it later cos i got to work.
Old 06-04-08, 10:58 AM

Reset CMOS for a start as said above

P5W DH Deluxe is a bit of a pita of a mobo
Old 06-04-08, 12:06 PM

how od i reset cmos
Old 07-04-08, 10:13 AM
OC3D Elite

I dont know if the board has a CMOS reset button or jumper, if it does it'll be somewhere near the battery, if it dosent, then i think you just take the battery out, though ide wait for someone to comfirm that.
Old 08-04-08, 07:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
The P5WDH does indeed have a CMOS clear jumper.

I suggest going back to 2gig and get the setup stable then increase your memory voltage to 2v and also up the NB voltage a tad which helps with getting 4gig of ram stable.
Old 08-04-08, 06:01 PM

ok i reseted the cmos, now ive tried putting the xtra ram back in but the comp dosnt boot up, before i start tinkering again, what are the main things i need to do to get this working right with 4gb
Old 08-04-08, 06:05 PM

Put one stick in the furthest away slot from the motherboard. Boot into BIOS and set voltage to 2.1 and timings to what they should be stock. Make sure the RAM speed is 400MHz (800MHz effective)

Reboot, check it still POSTs. Power down and put in another module in the other dual channel slot Again check that you can POST after that. Do the same for the last two modules. Be patient and you may find the cause or fix the problem