Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 02-07-07, 09:23 PM

OC3D Review: Evoluent Vertical Mouse 3 (Rev 2)

Evo...who?

Find out who, and what and indeed why inside...

click

Old 02-07-07, 09:29 PM
OC3D Elite

I looked at getting a vertical mouse some time ago but though it might be a bit of a novelty... Seems to work pretty well.

Decent review
Old 02-07-07, 09:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Cool mouse.. Don't think i'd want one though.. As much as the normal mouse is the same and boring, well, i'm the same and boring so it suits me well

Also good review.. I think i'd find it quite hard to come up with 5 pages on a mouse.

1 typo though

The mouse was comfortable so use and being able to assign buttons to different tasks in the Evoluent software was handy.

Edit: Page 4 just incase ya feel like changing..
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 02-07-07, 09:42 PM
OC3D Elite

You would think the hand model would cut his nails before getting the picture taken. It may look silly, but kemp you planning to use it full time?

G.Skill DDR2-800

Abit FP-IN9

BFG 8800GTS 630/1000

Seagate 360GB and 160GB SATA II 7200 RPM

Cooler Master iGreen 500w Power Supply
Old 02-07-07, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Bungral'
Cool mouse.. Don't think i'd want one though.. As much as the normal mouse is the same and boring, well, i'm the same and boring so it suits me well

Also good review.. I think i'd find it quite hard to come up with 5 pages on a mouse.

1 typo though

The mouse was comfortable so use and being able to assign buttons to different tasks in the Evoluent software was handy.

Edit: Page 4 just incase ya feel like changing..
Cheers amended

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='MikeEnIke'
You would think the hand model would cut his nails before getting the picture taken. It may look silly, but kemp you planning to use it full time?
I do use it full time. Still debating switching back to the G5...but I don't game anywhere near as much as I used to and the Evoluent Mouse is much more comfortable in general use.

Once UT3 comes about I may switch back to the G5
Old 03-07-07, 12:08 PM

already wanted to get one of these and now after reading this good review I want one more so - but price is so steep.

Found out of stock for £57, but even that is too much really.

Check out the Evoluent mouse friendly keyboard - with the numeric keypad on the LHS.
Old 04-07-07, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the review Matt, that's interesting as I was just looking into getting one of these. I've had rsi problems on and off for a few years now, my old ball mouse (yes!) is getting really ropey, but everything else I try seems to make the problem worse.

From the screenshot it looks like you can customise the buttons for different apps. If that could include the dpi setting then that'd solve your res changing issue.

Has anyone found a Uk supplier of these at reasonable cost? They're available from the States on Ebay for around £45, but i'm not sure I want to risk the tax lottery on this one.
Old 04-07-07, 11:08 PM

Very pricey in the UK

http://www.keytools.co.uk/mice/evoluent_mouse.asp

http://www.backinaction.co.uk/evoluent-vertical-mouse

Cheaper:

http://www.techready.co.uk/Ergonomic...Vertical-Mouse
Old 05-07-07, 08:38 AM

Hmm, at those prices it's probably worth importing one.

Incidentally, the VerticalMouse's developer is suing Microsoft over the design of their Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. See here.

Perhaps if he wins the price will come down a bit!