Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 04-12-06, 12:07 PM
OC3D Elite

i have been accused several times for awping people in the head through doors and boxes but tbh if a server cannot accept that it is possible then what's the point in playing there. all that needs to be done is someone at VAC to get off their fat ass and download all the hacks available (which isnt many at all i assure you - the one or two there are come as a menu that allows you to run many different hacks) and just add all the .dll and other files modified onto their list. then just subscribe to one of the hack sites that tells you as soon as a new one comes out. also with 5.1 sound i find myself tracing players through walls and stuff, never sure how close my Xhair is but there's quite a chance its right over them

Old 04-12-06, 12:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='llwyd'
i have been accused several times for awping people in the head through doors and boxes but tbh if a server cannot accept that it is possible then what's the point in playing there. all that needs to be done is someone at VAC to get off their fat ass and download all the hacks available (which isnt many at all i assure you - the one or two there are come as a menu that allows you to run many different hacks) and just add all the .dll and other files modified onto their list. then just subscribe to one of the hack sites that tells you as soon as a new one comes out
Some of em cost money tho - As if Valve are gonna spend any of their dosh on a good cause
Old 04-12-06, 12:22 PM
OC3D Elite

if someones enough of a tw@ to hack in the first place i'm sure they would be happy to send them over MSN lol

Old 04-12-06, 12:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
i have been accused several times for awping people in the head through doors and boxes but tbh if a server cannot accept that it is possible then what's the point in playing there.
If someone AWP headshots another thru a door, when the other person is nowhere near the door (not stood against it) more than once, without spamming shots, they're not blatently cheating?

Quote:
all that needs to be done is someone at VAC to get off their fat ass and download all the hacks available (which isnt many at all i assure you - the one or two there are come as a menu that allows you to run many different hacks) and just add all the .dll and other files modified onto their list. then just subscribe to one of the hack sites that tells you as soon as a new one comes out. also with 5.1 sound i find myself tracing players through walls and stuff, never sure how close my Xhair is but there's quite a chance its right over them
But then someone will just change the mem locations of the hack and it will be undetectable again, like the old virus's.

All they need is something which checks the program memory to stop hooks and at least proper protection and checking for every texture in the game. Something like quake3 pure. Why do people need to use custom 'skins' ?

For people who can't tell the difference, they could add a forcemodels command so there's one skin for T and another for CT.

It seems like their approach towards editing stuff is a bit too relaxed.

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 8G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Win7
Old 04-12-06, 12:27 PM
OC3D Elite

no they dont have to be cheating atall (although on a low skill server it is likely), come mix with us tonight and i will show you.

and there is a command to restrict player models, i use it to restrict CT to SAS and T's to arctic avengers

Edit:

cl_min_ct "3"

cl_min_t "3"

cl_minmodels "1"

whack that into your config / autoexec and change the _t and _ct to the model number you want

(sorry i should have got that in before you posted to ask lol)

also a problem with the texture detection is that a lot of hacks are exploits of factors that NEED to be there, ie wallhacks that exploit the wireframe system

Old 04-12-06, 12:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwyd
no theyre not cheating atall, come mix with us tonight and i will show you.

and there is a command to restrict player models, i use it to restrict CT to SAS and T's to arctic avengers
omg!

what is the model command?

*goes off to google*

Old 04-12-06, 12:40 PM
OC3D Elite

haha nice

no more shooting my own team now *cough*

Old 04-12-06, 12:43 PM
OC3D Elite

*double post*

Old 04-12-06, 12:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by equk
haha nice

no more shooting my own team now *cough*
yea that is the main reason i did so, i chose the most contrasting skins as well which cuts down on recognition time / mistakes and it is 100% legal in the eyes of the league we're in

Old 04-12-06, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempez
Aye well if someone is hacking well then it's practically impossible to tell if they are or not.

More often than not tho people who are hacking are idiots and it's blatent
Yeah they usually just do it to get people all wound up and peeved off... Most hackers that I've seen usually don't try and cover it up, they just speed around the map scouting ppl in the face or stabbing ppl in the ass. I like that though because it's easy to tell that they hack and ban em! It's the ones that do try and cover up their hax that reallllly get me mad.

@equk: PB allows the server admin to request a screenshot? Does the player just hit a certain keystroke and it auto screenshots and sends to admin or what? I've never heard about this but I'm definately interested now.