Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 20-11-06, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
We did at one point try and start up a world record benchmarking team but once we got the team members settled, it fell on its face and no one did anything

@Kemp: Experienced clockers? The mod/admin crew... hellloooo

We would hope that our friendly community is what keeps people coming back for more, unfortunately though it seems that's not enough these days. People want free stuff, so we started giving away free stuff and that's helped a bit. But I'd rather see people becoming regulars because they like this place and the others involved in it as well.

I think keeping fresh news (which PV does an outstanding job of) and consistently good reviews (kemp, XMS, etc) will definately continue to bring people around.

Old 20-11-06, 12:43 PM

lol Frag of course we're experienced clockers, but some more would be nice
Old 20-11-06, 01:42 PM
OC3D Elite

IMO we just keep going the way we are. We're obtaining new members on a nearly daily basis now it seems.

Add: About the news, PV is doing a fantastic job.
Old 20-11-06, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

well when customers call in here you can get a fair idea of their interests PC wise so we are often giving the web address over the phone.

Plus (i'll get slapped for this) we will be linking all OC3D reviews to the products we sell (I know you two, I've been meaning to do this for ages...some are done already I'll get to the rest soon) so hopefully potential customers will have a good review to back up their possible purchase.

If there's anything else you'd like us to do, let us know, I'll see if we can integrate an OC3D banner into the site...
Old 20-11-06, 04:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtech
well when customers call in here you can get a fair idea of their interests PC wise so we are often giving the web address over the phone.

Plus (i'll get slapped for this) we will be linking all OC3D reviews to the products we sell (I know you two, I've been meaning to do this for ages...some are done already I'll get to the rest soon) so hopefully potential customers will have a good review to back up their possible purchase.

If there's anything else you'd like us to do, let us know, I'll see if we can integrate an OC3D banner into the site...
sweet

out of interest, are we sending much traffic your way?
Old 20-11-06, 05:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Well I know for me there was a link to the PS contest That brought me here, but what makes me want to hang around is interesting things to learn and cool people to talk back and forth to.
Old 20-11-06, 05:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Toxic_Flo'
Just out of Intrest it would be good to know for us mods how you guys actually found us. Let us know it might help the brainstorming.
Tbh OC3D nearly always used to pop-up when I searched for pc solutions for stuff in the past, it`s only recently I read through the whole site and joined up.

Never use a search engine - persee - always just type what I`m after in the link bar on IE. Of course msn/live defaults when it can`t find what u`ve typed on u`r hd.

As for other things.. make sure when reviewing a product, on a manufacturers behalf especially, that part of the deal is that they have a linky-ad on their homepage of the product ? (if OC3D don`t already) Even if it`s just a link to the review - I know some homies show the logo, but a logo-link would be a world better.

Outside of sig-link spammage, I can`t think of much else atm, and as Frag said - u don`t want that, it`s/can be annoying.

(It may well be off-topic, but as the guyz have said above PV`s stuff I keep an eye out for on almost a daily basis)

Old 20-11-06, 06:33 PM
OC3D Elite

to be honest, the site itself has a very large user base, but only a small minority are active on the forums. our challenge really is to get browsers to become members
Old 20-11-06, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
Add: About the news, PV is doing a fantastic job.
Aye that he is - awesome job tbh
Old 22-11-06, 09:09 PM

more prizes