Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-11-06, 12:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Scythe 5.25" Multi-Function Controller

Scythe announces the release of their stylish 5.25" Bay multi-function controller - the Kama Meter. I must say it looks quite sexy, and the 7 backlight colours along with detachable faceplates, makes it even more appealing. Will the Kama Meter find a home in your rig? Feel free to let us know below...

Linkage

Old 17-11-06, 01:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Got one And it ISSSS sexy, omfg it pwns. It comes with a bunch of good extras too
Old 17-11-06, 01:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='FragTek'
Got one And it ISSSS sexy, omfg it pwns. It comes with a bunch of good extras too
Any idea on the max amperage fans u can plug into it? I'm looking for something to control some Delta fans that have a 4a startup requirement
Old 17-11-06, 01:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='XMS'
Any idea on the max amperage fans u can plug into it? I'm looking for something to control some Delta fans that have a 4a startup requirement
Haven't checked mate, might say on the Scythe homepage? I'll check in the manual tonight when I get home and see if it says. It's a pretty heavy piece of equipment with some good sized caps on the PCB.
Old 17-11-06, 02:16 PM

arghhhhh why oh why do people still insist on using 80's style HIFI knobs on PC equipment!!!

I've not used one yet so I won't comment on how it works but sadly I'd turn that down for the Status Quo era style knobs on it......no I don't have a better idea but surely someone must?

*gets thinking cap on*

I put a Barton core 3200+ in a motherboard that didn't support it *just in case* it worked
Old 17-11-06, 02:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster
arghhhhh why oh why do people still insist on using 80's style HIFI knobs on PC equipment!!!

I've not used one yet so I won't comment on how it works but sadly I'd turn that down for the Status Quo era style knobs on it......no I don't have a better idea but surely someone must?

*gets thinking cap on*
LOL, they prolly could have made them more snazzy, but in the end there is no substitute for a rheostat based fan controller. Digital (with its pulsing whatever way of slowing fans) just doesn't cut it.
Old 17-11-06, 04:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Wirelessly posted (LG Fusic: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/2.0.4719/1378; en; U; ssr))

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster

*gets thinking cap on*
i have yet to figure out what the audio bracket and decible adjustment is for, will have to look more closely in to that tonight.
Old 17-11-06, 05:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='XMS'
/me thinks jim has his own power station to run F40
Old 17-11-06, 05:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
/me thinks jim has his own power station to run F40
Nuclear ftw