Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games

Old 31-10-06, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastalovich
How do u do a test-mod runthrough type thing in bf ? I have no interest in the game myself, but I seem to remember from .... pfffffft..... 10 years ago or more that the likes of Unreal and Halflife used to let u benchmark/test em from a console.

Can he - or is he able - to try that ?
i dont know either! helpppppp i hate that i being pwned by this silly problem and cant get on to a game

Old 01-11-06, 12:54 PM

morning all you helpful people,

me and llwyd have been trying to sort this problem out.

we have tried loads,

we have tried changing 1t to 2t in the memory settings, we have done a net graph on css and my results were low tried sorting them out on the oc3d server but froze and crashed game, we have tried stress tests, i have upped my memory voltage, i have disconnected internet and tried running on single player but still freezes.

we have decided that a reboot and resetting of the cmos ram may help

i have taken photos of every page of my bios.

can someone tell me how to set the bios up for perfect running, i dont want to start overclocking yet until the first problem is sorted out.

the motherboard is an ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graph.JPG (27.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3dmark05 score.JPG (145.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-11-06, 12:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Well it looks like ur CS;Source settings could do with some optimisation for a start (although this wouldnt cause ur machine to freeze)

I was getting bad lag and temporary freezes when my graphics card was on it's way out. Do you have another GPU you could try?
Old 01-11-06, 12:59 PM
OC3D Elite

you need to post the pics you have taken, there are far to many settings in a bios to go through one by one. and i didnt say reboot, i said reformat lol. I have changed his css net settings via mani. Also chownsey post up what Graphics card drivers you are using and look into getting the newest motherboard drivers. and maybe update your bios. i dont think my motherboard supported X2's fully without a bios flash

Old 01-11-06, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMS
Well it looks like ur CS;Source settings could do with some optimisation for a start (although this wouldnt cause ur machine to freeze)

I was getting bad lag and temporary freezes when my graphics card was on it's way out. Do you have another GPU you could try?
this is a brand new X1900XT graphics card,

the drivers for this were updated yesterday from the ati site.

this is the file name : 6-9_xcode_35774
Old 01-11-06, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='llwyd'
you need to post the pics you have taken, there are far to many settings in a bios to go through one by one. and i didnt say reboot, i said reformat lol. I have changed his css net settings via mani. Also chownsey post up what Graphics card drivers you are using and look into getting the newest motherboard drivers. and maybe update your bios. i dont think my motherboard supported X2's fully without a bios flash
sorry typed it wrong, was typin bit too quick, am resizing pics and then will submit. i have 19 pics
Old 01-11-06, 01:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
After everything you've tried, I'm putting my bet on faulty GPU.
Old 01-11-06, 01:15 PM
OC3D Elite

I had problems with the ATI 6.9 drivers and ended up rolling back to 6.8's. Might be worth a shot.

Otherwise, do you have access to a different graphics card to just rule that out as a suspect?
Old 01-11-06, 01:16 PM

unfortunatly i only have this gpu card, its pci e and all my others are agp port
Old 01-11-06, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMS
I had problems with the ATI 6.9 drivers and ended up rolling back to 6.8's. Might be worth a shot.

Otherwise, do you have access to a different graphics card to just rule that out as a suspect?
i had the problem with the drivers supplied with the gc