Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 12-10-06, 12:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='FragTek'
Not sure tbh... I would say some time this week but my plate is full this weekend. On saturday I'm going shooting all day with some friends, and then on Sunday I'm going with a friend up to Maryland to go drinking at some old ass pub and watch some real jousting matches.
Sounds fun, sorry didn't mean to rush you or anything just interested to see what this will do, cause I maybe interested in building something similar if I can't afford a Kentsfield.

Old 12-10-06, 12:26 AM
OC3D Elite

absolutely awesome! b1tchin' rig you got there for the price

Old 12-10-06, 12:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
So far I can't gripe about any of the parts in this build... No single thing has popped out as something that needs to be replaced soon. Right now, I think the most discouraging thing is the case. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderfully crafted case and it looks good for the price but it's just too small. I don't think I've ever had a case this small before, usually nothing smaller than a full-tower server sized case such as the PC-75B.

I may consider getting some faster RAM in a month or so just to see how fast I can push this little e6300 on air with a cheap-o mobo.

I am definately thoroughly impressed with the overclockability of the processor itself. I've got it running at stock voltage (1.325v) on its current overclock of ~600mhz and it definately feels like it could go much higher without needing to adjust the voltage. Intel definately hit the jackpot with Core
Old 12-10-06, 12:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragTek
So far I can't gripe about any of the parts in this build... No single thing has popped out as something that needs to be replaced soon. Right now, I think the most discouraging thing is the case. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderfully crafted case and it looks good for the price but it's just too small. I don't think I've ever had a case this small before, usually nothing smaller than a full-tower server sized case such as the PC-75B.

I may consider getting some faster RAM in a month or so just to see how fast I can push this little e6300 on air with a cheap-o mobo.

I am definately thoroughly impressed with the overclockability of the processor itself. I've got it running at stock voltage (1.325v) on its current overclock of ~600mhz and it definately feels like it could go much higher without needing to adjust the voltage. Intel definately hit the jackpot with Core
Core rocks and imo is the only way to go right now, what about graphics, any overclocking on that yet? Midtowers, like you say are a bit small, trying to wrangle an X850XT into one often requires the removal of the slot hold down.
Old 12-10-06, 12:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Nagaru'
Core rocks and imo is the only way to go right now, what about graphics, any overclocking on that yet? Midtowers, like you say are a bit small, trying to wrangle an X850XT into one often requires the removal of the slot hold down.
Haven't had a chance to OC the vid card yet. Will definately be playing around a bit with that tonight once I get back from my parents house, if it's too late then tomorrow morning before I go to work and definately all day after work tomorrow :rocker:
Old 12-10-06, 03:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to WC Annihilus Send a message via MSN to WC Annihilus
Nice man, looks pretty darn good So, you think you're going to go for that 22"er? (I know I am, especially since I've managed to sell my extra parts )

MSI P55-GD65

3x Kingston X25-V RAID0

2x Evga 9600GT SSC SLI

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3-1600

Corsair VX550w, Ghettoed Antec Super Lanboy

Old 12-10-06, 10:08 AM
OC3D Elite

I'm thinkin' about it, we'll see what happens when the time comes

@Nagaru: I had a bit of a chance to overclock the vid card last night and was able to take it from 560/700 up to 655/740. Not bad for the measly heatsink that comes on the thing
Old 12-10-06, 10:17 AM
OC3D Elite

You gonna stick this under the cascade before you sell it on?
Old 12-10-06, 10:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
You gonna stick this under the cascade before you sell it on?
No point in that TBH... The RAM doesn't clock high enough for me to peak the processors potential as it is. I would need the worlds fastest ram on this thing to need a cascade for its max clocks.
Old 12-10-06, 10:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragTek
I'm thinkin' about it, we'll see what happens when the time comes

@Nagaru: I had a bit of a chance to overclock the vid card last night and was able to take it from 560/700 up to 655/740. Not bad for the measly heatsink that comes on the thing
Cool that is a really good overclock considering the puniness of the cooler.