Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 07-10-06, 07:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nathan'
you have to try and think of, Your not paying for the media, your paying for erm, lets call it a "service" of using xp. bit like paying to go on a train or something. You have a train ticket in your hand, doesnt mean you own the train.
I can sell my ticket, or even give it to some1, and even once I`ve used it it`s of no use to any1 including me lol

Yeah I think I know where u`r coming from m8y, but I think we`ve gotta agree to disagree prehaps

Old 07-10-06, 07:41 PM
OC3D Elite

i'll agree to disagree, but i think we should take over the forum with this debate!!! j/k

Old 09-10-06, 11:19 AM

why is that harsh? i dont understand

if people are using piracy products, they shouldnt even be able to use anything

no matter what, msft cant stop piracy. they should save their money they spend on piracy, and make the product cheaper, i think this would encourage people to buy
Old 09-10-06, 05:06 PM
OC3D Elite

i disagree, if ther product was cheaper, there would still be people using illgal copies. just take a look at the software available in places on the net. Some you can buy for like £10. people who use illgal copies of software dont giev a crap how much it is to buy, they only know one price, free!

Old 09-10-06, 05:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Ya it`s true, there would be a market for illegal free programs for certain people - if u kinda get what I mean.

In alot of people`s cases these days, the prices of the products are an irrelevance, and to be fair these people don`t `really` use the software they download - as an example u`ll find some1 with a 1000% legit OS purchase on a pc and 50million games, all but a handfull played 1ce. Then one weekend they select 49.75million of the games and hit Delete. Those they do keep, they order online from a retailer to play on with.

Kinda seems like a suck-it and see method lol - but I fully understand the logic myself. Any1 paying $50 for a game that in this day`n`age turns out to be toilet fodder is wasting their money big time.

But the prices being better, there would be less of it. Would never erradicate it tho.

What piracy denotes tho is some1 burning it to a CD/DVD, printing covers and selling it on. Outside of China, there isn`t a big market for it software wize.

Old 10-10-06, 02:35 AM

This girl in my dorm area wanted me to fix her computer the other day, she bought it from best buy and when she installed WGA it says its not "genuine". The funny thing is, its only saying this becuase she had to reformat twice.

Now, I wouldnt find this THAT annoying, but when you click on how to fix the problem, you have to click through about 10 million steps before they give you a phone number or an email where you can resolve it....yet on the very first page, the HUGE main way to fix it is to pay microsoft 150 for a new key

Totally lame
Old 10-10-06, 03:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakiguy37
This girl in my dorm area wanted me to fix her computer the other day, she bought it from best buy and when she installed WGA it says its not "genuine". The funny thing is, its only saying this becuase she had to reformat twice.

Now, I wouldnt find this THAT annoying, but when you click on how to fix the problem, you have to click through about 10 million steps before they give you a phone number or an email where you can resolve it....yet on the very first page, the HUGE main way to fix it is to pay microsoft 150 for a new key

Totally lame
you have to look at the odds, they going to get more people looking at that screen with either, an illigal copy or through error. Know which one i'm going for.

Old 10-10-06, 04:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Every "help" forum u goto, wave after wave of users are advised to reformat, even more so on the less technical ones, gotta be millions of users a week/month.

I`d charge 10¢ a call and get rich off it

Old 10-10-06, 05:20 PM
OC3D Elite

sounds like good business sense to me :P