Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Drivers & BIOS

Old 08-09-06, 04:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Hacked Drivers for SLi

I've decided to try running 2 7900gt's SLi on a P5B with hacked drivers.

If I can't get it to work i'll sell one, but before I do that I'd love to give it a shot. I've been told on here that the P5B and the P5W DH both unofficially support SLi. I'm thinking the P5B as it OC's better.

I don't really know how to go about doing this

As neither mobo are official SLi there will be no SLi bridge included. Do I need to buy one from somewhere? Or don't I need this?

Where do I get hacked drivers, I looked on XS but went round in circles; eventually being directed to a Russian site. Obviously I had no frikkin idea what was going on there so gave up.

Or are there guides online explaining all this? If someone could point me the right way that would be sweet as.

EDIT: FYI. The drivers I keep finding are Forceware 85.96, according to a few places they work However, I keep ending up at this Russian site

More than one forum has taken me here, but I have no idea where they are on there. HELP!

Old 08-09-06, 10:39 PM
OC3D Elite

not sure on drivers, but as far as the SLI bridge is concerned, all drivers after a certain point could support cli without a bridge. latest ones will be fine
Old 08-09-06, 10:47 PM
OC3D Elite

You can get a universal SLi bridge that's flexy. Look on froogle.

Sony VAIO CS110E 14.1" :: Core 2 Duo T5800

3GB DDR2-800 :: 250GB HDD :: Intel Media Accelerator

HTPC

Gateway GT4024 :: Intel Pentium D 805 :: 1GB DDR2-667

700GB of Storage :: ATi Xpess200 :: Sharp AQUOS 32" 720p

Old 09-09-06, 09:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Cheers guys. Still none the wiser where to get the drivers though. I'll keep looking.

Tried translating the web page, it's not Greek or Russian!
Old 09-09-06, 09:38 AM
OC3D Elite

looks greek?

edit: not that it matters because of the fact that it says 404 over the whole page. and that doesnt need translating. that link is dead. if it were a real link then you would be linked straight to a file. try searching for 85.96_mod.exe
Old 09-09-06, 12:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Dav0s - It was Russian! Found the origonal posting.

For any noob like myself who wants the hacked SLi drivers... Forceware 85.96

Thanks again for the help
Old 09-09-06, 12:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Have you already ordered the board? I'd be interested to know how this goes for you when you get it all setup.

This could definately be something worth writing a good article about as it seems there aren't any good ones abound at the moment. A guide rather than an article persay.
Old 09-09-06, 04:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragTek
Have you already ordered the board? I'd be interested to know how this goes for you when you get it all setup.

This could definately be something worth writing a good article about as it seems there aren't any good ones abound at the moment. A guide rather than an article persay.
Yup, orderd the C2D and P5B Friday night. The damn cards were held in customs - had to pay £60 VAT. Not impressed!

I have booked Tuesday off work as the two 7900's are definatley coming via Parcel Force. The E6600 and the P5B should be arriving too; I'll be less than impressed if they don't but i'm sure you are all used to lame couriers.

I need to find a flexible SLi bridge, I know it is not essential, however it improves performance (according to XS) I can only find a 4cm solid one, not being familiar with my new mobo I don't know if that will fit!

In all honesty, it seems simple, famous last words! The forceware worked in all cases i have read.

This will be my 1st 100% build. Should be interesting! I have my dell as backup in case i get stuck.

Results won't be fantastic at first - i can't OC until i get my water cooling sorted (which is going to be farmore difficult that I thought. I got the tape measure out, my case is tight inside, expecially if i'm going for sli in the loop. there is nowhere for the radiator) and i'll be down to 1gig of ram (splitting what i have across the two systems, i'll get another gig for the main system once i've sold the old).

My aim for Tues is to have the new build up and running with sli enabled. OC'in and fine tuning will have to come in the next week or two...
Old 09-09-06, 05:27 PM
OC3D Elite

best of luck with the build mate, hoping nothing goes majorley wrong
Old 09-09-06, 05:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Sounds like you have a good plan layed out for what you want to do with it.

What case is it that you decided on anyhow? I would definately suggest mounting your radiator externally if space is that big of an issue for you. There are brackets for hanging the rad off of the back fan mount, or you can do a custom mount job on the top of your case or possibly the right side panel. If push comes to shove then u can just set the rad on the side of your computer and not have it mounted at all.

Good luck with it all mate, give us some pix when available!