Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 18-08-06, 02:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Cool, thanks for the link WC, that Laing is cheaper than the D5 I'm looking at albeit by $5. Muchly appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='NickS'
Project's lookin good PV
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging-savage
nice pv,remember lots of pics

i second the audigy 4,its a nice card and i havent had any trouble with mine either
Shall do mate, I've taken some new pics of my other rigs too so I'll upload those into my rig gallery very shortly. And yep, I love my Audigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='FragTek'
great looking setup so far mate, got urself some quality parts there
Thanks bud. The Missus allowed me a little more lee-way this time Do you have a price on the G5 Frag? It's definitely an extremely well performing block, I bet the price is nice too.

Old 18-08-06, 04:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PV5150
Cool, thanks for the link WC, that Laing is cheaper than the D5 I'm looking at albeit by $5. Muchly appreciated

Thanks mate

Shall do mate, I've taken some new pics of my other rigs too so I'll upload those into my rig gallery very shortly. And yep, I love my Audigy

Thanks bud. The Missus allowed me a little more lee-way this time Do you have a price on the G5 Frag? It's definitely an extremely well performing block, I bet the price is nice too.
Granted, it is THE most expensive waterblock money can buy, but its also the best performing and most blingy as well (SOLID silver base ftw). IIRC the G5's are between $200-300 USD.
Old 18-08-06, 05:34 PM

Mate Apogee ftw - £35 I got mine for and it only performs 1-2*C worse than the G5
Old 18-08-06, 05:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez'
Mate Apogee ftw - £35 I got mine for and it only performs 1-2*C worse than the G5
Screw the Asspogee, the base on that thing sucks. For a bit more the MP-05 is well worth it. If you have a high pressure pump, like the Swiftech MCP655, and the high pressure nozzle kit for the MP-05 Pro, it will pretty much match the Swiftech Storm. The MP-05 Pro feeds off pressure, so with a high performance pump, the MP-05 Pro would be your best bet.

Sony VAIO CS110E 14.1" :: Core 2 Duo T5800

3GB DDR2-800 :: 250GB HDD :: Intel Media Accelerator

HTPC

Gateway GT4024 :: Intel Pentium D 805 :: 1GB DDR2-667

700GB of Storage :: ATi Xpess200 :: Sharp AQUOS 32" 720p

Old 18-08-06, 09:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
G5 FTW, don't let em tell ya otherwise PV mate!!
Old 19-08-06, 01:50 AM
OC3D Crew

i have the Storm and i sometimes regret getting it, i wish i got the MP-05 b/c it requires it dosnt need a high pressure pump like the Storm, well i mean for best performance, b/c now i have to always have pump -> cpu block. and the MP-05 just freakin looks better
Old 19-08-06, 07:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Just to add another one to the mix, the Alphacool NexXxos is a very good performing block..

Granted it's fairly restrictive, but as you can see its pretty much the best block on this graph.
Old 19-08-06, 10:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for the further suggestions lads, muchly appreciated.

@ XMS I was actually looking at the NeXXos, is this reasonably priced? http://www.chilledpc.com.au/store/de...8e77d93f0013cf

Does anyone have a link to an e-tailer that stocks the MP-05, who'll ship internationally because I can't find 'em here in Aus.

Just for laughs, I was chatting with my brother-in-law today and he was telling me how difficult it was stowing the stacker case onboard the sub. He said 'do you know how hard it is fitting a square shaped object through a round hole?'. They ended up having to open the hydraulic ram doors where they load the torpedoes in, just to acomodate it rofl.
Old 20-08-06, 10:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to WC Annihilus Send a message via MSN to WC Annihilus
Petra's Tech Shop is willing to ship worldwide, though you have to contact them first. Run by an XS member, it's supposed to be a great shop, Petra (I think his real name is Andrew) is a nice guy. Looks like they're all out of the AX MP-05 blocks right now though... You can also get the now favorite Masterkleer 7/16" tubing from them and, if you choose to go with a fillport, they have the newer delrin made one's so you don't have to worry about corrosion at all

MSI P55-GD65

3x Kingston X25-V RAID0

2x Evga 9600GT SSC SLI

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3-1600

Corsair VX550w, Ghettoed Antec Super Lanboy

Old 20-08-06, 10:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Thanks WC, that's twice you've assisted me. That's worthy of reppage