Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 01-08-06, 09:27 AM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: Silverstone Zeus 850w ST85ZF PSU

"Probably the most power hungry component in a PC is the graphics card. Put 4 of them together for Quad SLI, and you need a seriously beefy PSU. Do Silverstone have the goods?"

Linkage

Old 01-08-06, 09:48 AM

/me wants
Old 01-08-06, 10:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Now that is a kick ass power supply! Sign me up for one of those when I build my next rig, dizamn... Nice review and nice PSU.
Old 01-08-06, 10:52 AM
OC3D Elite

OMG, how sexy is that Plenty of stable power, great looks and finished to the last detail; boy Silverstone are making some awesome gear. This is one PSU that I'm seriously looking at purchasing when it becomes available here in Aus (younger sibling only available atm, as far as I can see). Great review Jim as usual
Old 01-08-06, 10:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PV5150'
OMG, how sexy is that Plenty of stable power, great looks and finished to the last detail; boy Silverstone are making some awesome gear. This is one PSU that I'm seriously looking at purchasing when it becomes available here in Aus (younger sibling only available atm, as far as I can see). Great review Jim as usual
Cheers PV. AFAIK it should be out soon. it's only started showing up in UK stores - so you shouldn't be too far behind
Old 01-08-06, 11:07 AM
OC3D Elite

w00tage...I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival. It'll prolly beat my Conroe
Old 01-08-06, 11:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
I love its native support for quad SLI, as useless as it is Someday quad SLI will probably be the "norm" for gamers *sigh* Thus the reason I decided to step away from the PC scene a bit, too damn spensive I say!!
Old 01-08-06, 11:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='FragTek'
Thus the reason I decided to step away from the PC scene a bit, too damn spensive I say!!
Yea i had some time out from the PC scene a couple of years back. I was buying newly released Abit motherboards from any country that was selling them - even if the new board was no diferent to the one i had!

Sometimes you just need to step out of the circle for a while