Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 29-08-09, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Question if I may.

What do you think about that Asus M4A79T? I'm still sort of on the fence about the Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P I have.

Old 22-01-10, 06:28 PM

The M4A79T is a great motherboard, i love it, does everything you'd expect. it even helps to keep the computer cooler too. overclocking is simpler and you have profiles to store your best overclocks. if an overclocks fail the motherboard restarts and sets the overclock back to the most recent configuration which worked well. you really cannot fault it really. it's at a reasnable price now too.

the only major flaw with the motherboard is the layout of the pci-e 16x slots. there are four of them which is brilliant however, the bottom two are too close which stops you crossfiring a larger 2 bay graphic such as the one i used (4890). because most graphic cards now use two bays, i didn't find that asus layed the two ports out well enough to crossfire four graphic cards.

sorry for the late reply i just now decided to check OC3D.
Old 22-01-10, 06:31 PM

i am now getting to the age of driving and recently got a new laptop for christmas. which makes it seem pointless having the desktop. since the pictures it is pretty much the same apart from it now has 2x 12 speed blue LED tubes, one at the top and the other at the bottom. the wiring is of course a lot tidyer.

i have been considering selling it to help pay for a new car and i was wondering if any of you here had an estimate as to what it's worth.

if i was to sell it, it would also come with a NEC 2170NX LCD Display and Packard Bell 5.1 sound systme (center speaker missing)

thanks.