Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 28-11-08, 09:15 AM
The Webmaster

hrm that's steep... but tbh reasonable cheers Jim i'll be keeping an eye out for them... this review really has made a decision for me tbh lol

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 28-11-08, 03:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Ooo it is a lot but it is also very nice

*wants*
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 08-08-09, 01:51 AM

hi guys, i'm new to this site. I know its and old thread but Id like to add something to the article. I was looking around the net to check the compatibility between the atcs 840 and the swiftech cmr 320.

first I find a thread from a guy who was planning to build the same computer as me : i7 920 atcs swiftech mcr 320... that guy also found a thread from a guy who built that computer (sorry i cannot post the link...)

but he decided not to use the swiftech cmr320 because of qc3d's article about the atcs 840 saying there s no compatibility between the 2.

do you follow me guys, I'm sorry english is not my language...

well, I was surprised and disappointed as I was planning to buy the atcs to watercool my cpu. i decided to check and sent a message to coolermaster asking about the compatibility between atcs 840 and swiftec mcr320

this is the answer from coolermaster :

Dear customer,

You will not have a trouble doing that in that case, you will have plenty of room for that radiator.

Respectfully,

coolermaster

I'm really happy I did that because I'm going to order that case and do the watercool i planned...

I m sure many people read this article and changed their plans... maybe it would be a good idea from the author to check, edit and change the wrong informations, even in 2009, they stay on the net...
Old 08-08-09, 07:56 AM
OC3D Elite

The review does state that CM said it supports the same radiators as the Cosmos which from the previous test were..

So it was only taken on the information that Coolermaster provided at the time.

Although I can't see why any 15mm spacing rad shouldn't fit.
Old 08-08-09, 08:12 AM

I understand but still, when you're new to watercooling, and you dont know the case if u read this article you may change your initial plan like the guy I was talking about. I just added that comment for the people who like me want that case and the same watercooling system and who want to know about compatibility.
Old 08-08-09, 09:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Hi Mushikun,

The list of radiators posted in the review were actually tested by our friends over at WaterCoolingUK. I can only assume that either the Swiftech radiator used was damaged, or that since the review Swiftech have updated their radiators to follow the 15mm spacing that other manufacturers use.

Either way i'll update the review.

Jim
Old 08-08-09, 02:02 PM

thank you, I hope you didn't get me wrong, my purpose was just to help.

I mean, when I found this article I was very disapointed, because I was planning to get these parts. so no compatibility implied looking for another shop... maybe more expensive... it took me a long time to check on the net and I finally decided to contact coolermaster directly.

still, your article was very helpful and the people here know a lot. I learnt many things about watercooling and I feel more confortable now with the new parts I'm going to get soon.

thank you guys

mushi
Old 08-08-09, 05:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to ScottALot Send a message via Yahoo to ScottALot
Sleek, shiny look. Looks durable, too!
Old 02-06-11, 07:14 PM

I was thinking about getting one of these but unfortunately the cubby hole in my desk is only 500mm depth leaving 130mm overhang. I suppose i could remove the legs on the tower (is it possible?) and just pull back the desk a little bit. I was wondering though, would an h50 fit into the removable tray, if not are there any recommendations on similar style cases (around £150 limit)? I watched Toms recent review on the Fractal v H2 and agree about the hard drive bays and airflow for front fan.

Inside the desk ive a 700mm available for height, 260mm width.