Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 18-06-09, 01:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Does it lose its user data after the update? Meaning you have to sync with a PC again?

Old 18-06-09, 01:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Kinda strange really. It added the podcast I wanted this morning, then came back to me saying it had to sync 90+ things - heck I had to goto work at some point so I stopped it.

The original stuff is still there, but not the thing I added this morning.

It'll come out in the wash when I sync it later. It just seemed weird to me to have to finger every file, but that's kind of a downside with the OS and the sync'ing approach.

Something I miss from the older smartphones is just copying files with an explorer window - just do it. Why the heck they wanted to go down the activesync route to be more 'apple-like' I have no idea.

Old 18-06-09, 01:15 PM
OC3D Elite

The reason why we have to do sync'ing is because of Apple. All Apple does is want to control people. With Apple hardware you have very little freedom.

Unfortuately, because of Apples success other companies follow.
Old 18-06-09, 01:22 PM
OC3D Elite

*Looks at Apple builds*

*Looks at forum*

*Looks at Apple builds*

*Looks at forum*

hmm technically I guess ur correct

Meant to be some extra bendability in 3.0, we'll see.

Old 18-06-09, 05:32 PM
OC3D Crew

Personally I've never owned an iPhone, but have owned the iPod Touch, and I must say if I had the iphone as a phone I would be really impressed with it, however I'm a loyal fan of Nokia especially the e71 as its really impressing and it will never fail to impress you.

It just goes to show that Nokia don't have to put all these fancy touch-screen on a phone to make it really good, but on the other hand they have done exactly what other manufacturers have done and stuck touch screen on another phone - the 5800 to br precise.

The real stupid thing is that a lot of manufacturers put the touch-screen as the new normal, but they don't do anything to improve it.
Old 18-06-09, 06:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Or their new flagship - N97..
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 18-06-09, 07:02 PM

Not impressed with any of the other smartphones compared to the iPhone. I'm no Apple fanboy, but the iPhone OS is so slick, intuitive and easy to use that it makes almost every other OS seem like a clunky POS.
Old 18-06-09, 07:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez'
Not impressed with any of the other smartphones compared to the iPhone. I'm no Apple fanboy, but the iPhone OS is so slick, intuitive and easy to use that it makes almost every other OS seem like a clunky POS.
But then that's really down to the fact that the phone doesn't actually 'do' much without having to download apps for it or plug it into ITunes. It's useless as a business device (which is what smartphones are all about), it's average as a media device, and the thing that everybody praise about it (usability) just really means a 90yr old granny could pick it up and not have any problems with it.
Old 18-06-09, 08:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Thinking about it Jimborino does have a very good point.
Old 18-06-09, 08:43 PM
OC3D Elite

But then again it's got apps that cover the business side of things so I've been told.. A couple of the IT managers at the Council I work for use them. I haven't had a chance to look through the app store really as I haven't got my hands on one for any length of time.

That said, I don't want it for business... I want it for phone calls, music, video, games and the odd picture. Does all of that very well.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit