Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 22-05-09, 08:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Ive been Hijacked ... Daily diary

We last night was interesting,

as usual nearing the end of the month i logged onto my online banking account.

Well tried to! A message appeared telling me i had entered incorrect details, so thinking as i was tired, i tried again unsucessfully. Login locked, next step phone my telephone banking service.

Soon as i entered my acc. No. i was directed to an advisor which was strange i thought. Was told this was because i had been locked from my online banking, "fair enough" i said. "Re-apply using a new pin etc" the kind lady advised, duly did so and got the shock of my life once i logged in.

Every penny i own GONE!

Current account now wiped out. Even my saving , cash ISA's had been transferred to my current and spent.

Sort of stared dumbstruck at the screen for a few minutes.

Right phone the banks telephone banking service sort this out.

"Are you sure you haven't spent all your money sir" the awfully kind nice but obviously dim lady asked.

"No" I explained resisting the urge to shout obscenities down the phone.

"Oh well i'll transfer you to our fraud investigations team then" she stated.

After about half an hour explaining I didn't spend all my money, transfer my savings and access my online banking the day previously, changing all my details and stealing loads of personal information, they kindly said OK its fraud.

NOOOO REALLY!

Turns outs someone rang the telephone banking the day before, passed security was given new pin etc, logged into online banking , transferred funds into debit card account and had a nice spending spree.

Now all this was going on in London at the same time i was buying my daughters birthday present in Tescos in Teesside. Apparently i can be in two places at once now?

Mind you the fraudsters kindly left me £1.93 to spend today.. how kind.

Now left having to wait 7-10 days for the investigation to run its course, register with credit checking agencies to make sure im not buying a Ferrari and the worry of what else they are up to!

Ahhhhh happy days

Biostar Tpower I55, I5 750 @ 4.2Ghz, 4GB Kingston DDR3, Custom water loop - Thermochill PA120.3, Heatkiller 3.0 LC, Laing DDC Ultra, XSPC res top, XSPC white hose, Asus 5870, Antec Quattro 1000, Lian Li PC-X2000, Win7 ultimate.

Old 22-05-09, 08:30 PM
OC3D Elite

I hope you get the money back, and even better if they find the b*stard that did this. You could introduce them to a friend of mine, sweet lady brick.

Hopefully this perp will have left some mark (like cctv footage or an ip address).

i7 5960X 4.5GHz -EK Supreme EVO - Asus - X99-WS-E - 32GB 2400MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - Plextor 240GB PCIe SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 22-05-09, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Man that sucks.

Thats why I have a load of seperate bank accnt and building society accounts. One BS account for savings, one bank account for spendings and one bank account with no money in it for bank transfers.
Old 22-05-09, 11:11 PM
The Guvnor

Is real bad, I was gobsmacked when I spoke to Lash about this, after talking to the breasted one though Lash she has some contacts at natwest that can pull some strings about info if needs be.

One thing she did say alot was compensation, seeing as its there balls up they owe you.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 22-05-09, 11:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='tinytomlogan'
the breasted one

Sorry to hear this though Lasher, I just hope you get it back

LGW2452TX-PF | Logitech G9 | Logitech G15 | Logitech Z5500

Old 23-05-09, 02:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
There has been a spate of them near in Sunderland mate. Im just down the road from you in darlo and i have a good mate in Nortan who fixes pcs up there. Used to use Mr pc a lot till they got bad. Bit any how he was telling me the other day how some one had the same thing done to them.

Looks like some ones hitting your area hard.

I feel sorry for you.
Old 23-05-09, 07:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Aye think someone has skimmed a load of cards in Norton, been a spate of it recently.

What really narks me is the fact they said they passed security.. whats that gave my address and date of birth hmm thats strong security check isnt it.

anyho.. will update as things progress, just now got to register with credit checking agencies etc to make sure my finances aren't screwed all together!

Ps @Mayhem if your in Darlo expect a visit i wanna play that machine you built!!
Biostar Tpower I55, I5 750 @ 4.2Ghz, 4GB Kingston DDR3, Custom water loop - Thermochill PA120.3, Heatkiller 3.0 LC, Laing DDC Ultra, XSPC res top, XSPC white hose, Asus 5870, Antec Quattro 1000, Lian Li PC-X2000, Win7 ultimate.

Old 23-05-09, 09:12 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
hahaha. lol once its finished mate you'd be welcome to.

And seriously though good luck.

Live near asda so you wont have to go all over the town to find me lol ...
Old 23-05-09, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Daymn, that sucks. It'd make me feel sick to find that out.

Who are your accounts with?

Dan
Old 24-05-09, 05:33 AM
OC3D Elite

I do also have a sneaking suspicion that some of these incidents are down to banks making errors.

I don't necessarily mean accepting security loosely or anything, but something as simple as balancing transfers at some point and using wrong account numbers or similar - human error internally.

I can remember Egg sticking some1 elses transactions on my account, only to the tune of £30 or so over something like 3 misc purchases. An internal message thing to them, via their fraud section, cleaned it up in no time. Didn't ask me any questions, which made it weird to me. I had to request they freeze the account myself and requested a new card with numbers etc just in case, extra strange that a customer should ask for that. Knowing them, they'd stick something on my credit history as a flag just for the sake of it.

These people do some stupid things that there's no way in the world they'd admit to.