Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 12-05-09, 09:10 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is online now
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 15,922
Its actualy better to buy parts and build it yourself, the swifty kits cost too much imo

__________________

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-09, 09:31 PM
limpkorn limpkorn is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='tinytomlogan'
Its actualy better to buy parts and build it yourself, the swifty kits cost too much imo
I agree, but if you end up buying good parts it will end up costing more then the Swiftech kit and those parts on the kit are good parts.

My main point is no hassle good starter kit that will bring great cooling to get your feet wet.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 13-05-09, 12:55 PM
ToeJam ToeJam is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='limpkorn'
Although I agree that your system can do great with a good air cooler, I know how it is to want to try and water cool venturing in to new ground.

If you still decide to do it, this is probably the best kit to start off with. It's got good quality parts that you can always pass on to a later system.

Crap, can't post URL yet, but google Swiftech Water cooling Kit and you'll find it.
yeah yeah its just to get me going, now my mate has got a spare Thermaltake Khandalf which he is wanted to sell for cheap(cus im just that damn good:P) just wonderin any 1 got any past experience with pre cooled case or that specific case
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 13-05-09, 01:29 PM
AydST AydST is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='ToeJam'
my mate has got a spare Thermaltake Khandalf which he is wanted to sell for cheap(cus im just that damn good:P) just wonderin any 1 got any past experience with pre cooled case or that specific case
Kandalf LCS - about as effective as shot blasting a cracker
__________________
another day.....another 20p
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 13-05-09, 01:49 PM
ToeJam ToeJam is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='AydST'
Kandalf LCS - about as effective as shot blasting a cracker
aight nice one thats that problem out the way, now im no im a total retard at water cooling but can i build from the swiftech one and add other block to it or would i have to make a new watercooling system
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 13-05-09, 02:42 PM
limpkorn limpkorn is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='ToeJam'
aight nice one thats that problem out the way, now im no im a total retard at water cooling but can i build from the swiftech one and add other block to it or would i have to make a new watercooling system
That's the thing, that's the exact reason why I recommend a good quality Swiftech kit such as this one;

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/swift...oling-kit.html

That pump is probably the most commonly used and best pump for the money around and the block and radiator aren't bad either. It's a good way to start and good build parts.

I have a buddy that bought the Kandalf LCS and sold it only a couple of months later went with Koolance parts like I did after he saw my build.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 13-05-09, 02:47 PM
ToeJam ToeJam is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 568
yeah this is gonna be my first build, also think im gonna have to get a new case for this jobby, your system does look sick . Any one had any experience with second hand water coolin components or is it really not worth risking?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 13-05-09, 02:53 PM
limpkorn limpkorn is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
Thanks mate!

I wouldn't recommend using second hand water pumps as you don't know how it's been treated unless it's from one of your mates and you trust the guy then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The rads and reservoirs aren't much to worry about and neither are the blocks as long as they haven't been abused.

I would risk it on any necessary water cooling component except for the pump.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13-05-09, 03:01 PM
ToeJam ToeJam is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='limpkorn'
Thanks mate!

I wouldn't recommend using second hand water pumps as you don't know how it's been treated unless it's from one of your mates and you trust the guy then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The rads and reservoirs aren't much to worry about and neither are the blocks as long as they haven't been abused.

I would risk it on any necessary water cooling component except for the pump.
how much was your water cooling ?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13-05-09, 03:23 PM
limpkorn limpkorn is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
Well, I spent about $800 US already, but I've actually spent about another $150 recently on a block for the chipset and Vreg for this Classified board that you don't see in the picture. I haven't put it in yet, but will probably have some time to do it this weekend.

I have 2 seperate loops with 2 water pumps, 2 reservoirs. The first loop currently is only cooling the processor and the second loop is cooling the GPUs.

I've spent quite a bit, water cooling can get expensive fast, but considering Koolance competitive prices I've probably spent at least three or four hundred less then probably buying Danger Den, Bits Power, or EK parts since they're usually a little higher priced. Koolance brings the same performance for the most part with their blocks and fittings so I've decided to save a bit on such an expensive hobby already.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.