Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 01-05-09, 05:38 PM
OC3D Crew

Logo looks sweet as! Congratulations on getting nominated! IMO, easy win for you!

Keep up the good work.

Old 01-05-09, 11:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem
As per req via pri messages and all so some other forums here some dubious pics of the innards of the control panel. Its not perfect by any means but i know were every thing belongs and what every thing does. all I need to add into the cp now is 2 more lights and all so a xbox 360 controller for wireless xbox remote. What you can see how ever is several converters , blue tooth for the Wii remote's and all so Hidden amount it all is a duel band links USB fob. I still need to order another 16 out put Leds controller as i have another 10 lights to fit which i haven't done just yet and some other small bits and bobs to finish off. This will all be sealed once it is finished to stop any trailing wire (all though im making there is none any way)..

Any way here you go for now.

There is a hell of a lot of system controls and various other parts crammed into a very small place.
Old 02-05-09, 01:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Oky last 48 hours i been hammering away at this thing to get the Cp in a near finished state. Tomorrow ill start work on the back box. Here are some more pics and Vid of the Cp working. some one posted saying the music to the Vid (not on this forum) was set up and it wasn't in sync thinking that the Leds are all pre programmed and not to music sooo ... ive posted a new vid to to null and void that point.

All so updated some pics of the Cp showing the lighting on the cp with the perspex now lit up. that all so goes to music but i forget to turn it on in the vid. You can see the lighting much better in life than what a cheap £50 camera can record but hay that's life i cannot afford to do this and by a camera at the same time.

Some of us are currently out of work hehe ...

p.s thks for the heads up tom on linking vids.

i will now start working on the back box for the system so there wont be many updates now as that is going to take all my time up....
Old 02-05-09, 02:35 AM
OC3D Crew

Omg wow! The song "Jizzed in my pants" just sprung to mind!

The LEDs look stunning. All of it does! Although looking at all thoughs wires, my eyes started to go crosseyed.
Old 05-05-09, 05:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Small update's as such.

First off you can see the Cp is being tested and the best way to test give it to the family and let them lose .... lol. mrs pac man getting tested on the 4 way.

My lass's score has increased so it defiantly working with the dedicated 4 way joy stick she could never get onto more than level 6. she managed level 15 ... so she's happy (she wont be if she see's these pics though lol)

notice the sticky finger prints all over all ready lol ...

Some pics of the back box being worked on. Ive drilled 3 holes for the 120mm fans to cool the Consoles down there will be another 3 on the other side to. one thing i learnt with c-macc's 1 was that consoles just create if not more heat than a pc and enclosing them forces the temperature to abnormal levels if not ventilated correctly so we have sold that problem before it even arises.

The reason why the holes look more forward is there is a 1" false wall to hide the cabling to the system and i need the holes to give good air flow hence they are in the middle of the shelf now the back box.
Old 05-05-09, 05:16 PM
OC3D Elite

You need a street fighter game on this lol. Then I might just join you.
Old 05-05-09, 07:18 PM
OC3D Crew

Slap some old school Streets of Rage 2 on if you can.
Old 05-05-09, 08:50 PM
OC3D Crew

OOOMMMGG i loved that game, shame that my a button got stuck and all i could do were backwards kicks and throws over the shoulder.
Old 07-05-09, 07:55 PM
OC3D Elite

This is called rushing to meet demands !!!!!!!

No back box fitted just yet nothing i can do to get that ready in time ...

32" Samsung TV fitted 1/2 complete assembly ...

Blew Up PC while rushing around and dropped screw driver on a live mother board haha. Not a problem though stolen one of the kids for the moment.

Cables from TV to System hidden for now with twist ties later on this will be done with plastic square tubing.

At least you get the idea were its heading ....
Old 07-05-09, 09:25 PM
OC3D Crew

That is seriously hardcore man!

Excellent!