Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 14-02-09, 11:33 PM
OC3D Crew

I remember when I was a lad at school and there were lads of 13-14 who were sexually active then. They were either lucky or took the right precautions to not end up getting their girls pregnant. Just because this couple got caught out (there are plenty of adults who do too) doesn't make them scum of the earth. Yes, they are underage, and this is a problem. Yes, we should be worried about the child due to the parents being children themselves. But they need to face up to their responsibility now and realise that their actions have had consequences. It's too late to lecture them and writing them off as scum isn't exactly going to help.

Teenage pregnancy isn't something new, and it has always happened. In years gone by though, when it did happen it was brushed under the carpet and the child was usually taken away and ended up in a home, being adopted or brought up by the grandparents as their own child. We may be facing a much higher rate nowadays, but the core problem has always been around.

Old 15-02-09, 01:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='GavX'
I didn't even know guys were able to get a girl pregnant at 13... when do we hit puberty these days?
most people start around 12 i think, i saw the pictures in the sun today, only looks about 8, i blame the parents =/.
Old 16-02-09, 08:40 AM
OC3D Elite

I was bloody reading Bucky O'Hare at 13!!!
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 16-02-09, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I remember when I was a lad at school and there were lads of 13-14 who were sexually active then. They were either lucky or took the right precautions to not end up getting their girls pregnant. Just because this couple got caught out (there are plenty of adults who do too) doesn't make them scum of the earth. Yes, they are underage, and this is a problem. Yes, we should be worried about the child due to the parents being children themselves. But they need to face up to their responsibility now and realise that their actions have had consequences. It's too late to lecture them and writing them off as scum isn't exactly going to help.

Teenage pregnancy isn't something new, and it has always happened. In years gone by though, when it did happen it was brushed under the carpet and the child was usually taken away and ended up in a home, being adopted or brought up by the grandparents as their own child. We may be facing a much higher rate nowadays, but the core problem has always been around.
But there is a lot more risky things other than getting pregnant, one of the main things is STI or STD. This girl is 15 and I'm sure she has had sex before, whats not to say that this girl has got some STI and might have passed onto a 13 year old kid. Quite sickening really, a child is a gods blessing indeed, but people never think of the disease part. Once you get it, you might aswell just lay in your coffin and wait for death.
Old 16-02-09, 10:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Bungral'
I think I had Bucky nO'pubicHare
Old 16-02-09, 10:32 AM
OC3D Crew

You are right that STD's are another danger of unprotected sex. But it isn't just something that teenagers are at risk of exposing themselves to. Adults are just as stupid and they take just as many risks. We will never be able to stop teenagers having sex before the age of consent, we should cetainly be trying to dissaude them from doing so, but it's more important to give them the facts on what can happen regarding STD's and pregnancy.

I think personal development education (or what ever they call it nowadays) should be more hard hitting at schools. Let the kids see the pitfalls in real life. Let them see how unprotected sex, drugs and all other social problems have affected real people and it's a lesson they would never forget. It may sound like scare tactics, but I think it would bring home the reality of the problems much better than an awkward feeling teacher ever could.
Old 16-02-09, 10:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='stuartpb'
You are right that STD's are another danger of unprotected sex. But it isn't just something that teenagers are at risk of exposing themselves to. Adults are just as stupid and they take just as many risks. We will never be able to stop teenagers having sex before the age of consent, we should cetainly be trying to dissaude them from doing so, but it's more important to give them the facts on what can happen regarding STD's and pregnancy.

I think personal development education (or what ever they call it nowadays) should be more hard hitting at schools. Let the kids see the pitfalls in real life. Let them see how unprotected sex, drugs and all other social problems have affected real people and it's a lesson they would never forget. It may sound like scare tactics, but I think it would bring home the reality of the problems much better than an awkward feeling teacher ever could.
True true, the schools I attended had no clue how to show the SEX EDUCATION videos, infact because we didn't pass our mock Science exam we wasn't allowed to watch the video because we needed to revise more... Also at college they ran out of condoms and gave people 1 each, I mean how long is that going to last lol.

The only video I remember was a boy and girl in a shower showering... Nothing to do with sex, I can't remember 1 video on sexual encounters.

The only thing we was told is if you have sex people get pregnant, nothing about STI was mentioned, infact I had to find out what it was myself by searching Google lol.
Old 16-02-09, 05:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
I think I had Bucky nO'pubicHare
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't ever remember that growing... I remember not having it, and then I remember having the full afro...

Aaaaaaanyway, back on subject... Yeah naughty boy and sluty girl seems to have been putting it about a bit. Paper today has two other possible Dads for the baby.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 16-02-09, 10:17 PM

this has been a lengthy, heated debate on the ebuyer forums, not so much here
Old 17-02-09, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Bungral'
LEGENDARY QUOTE!

Seriously were ya? I was bangin all the schoolies by then!