Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 14-02-09, 12:46 PM

Disabled posting news items?

I think you've disabled the posting of news items? You changing the posting procedures or some such for the news page?

Old 14-02-09, 01:07 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:

Hey peeps.

In addition to the usual OC3D Rules and regs I would like to add some more:

*You are encouraged to post on the topics in here, but please keep it ON Topic!!

*If you would like to post links/additional info on the topic then please do, but the news team may add them into the initial post

*If we delete a post it is not because we don't like it/you, we just want to make this a discussion of the topic

*If you have news - Please bring it to a Mods/News Teams attention so that it can be posted in here. You WILL be given Full credit for your find

*If no mod/news team member is available, post the news but be aware it may be moved/expanded upon

Thanks and happy posting!

Matt
From the technology Area rules

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=1254
Old 14-02-09, 01:11 PM

uh huh.

thats always been there, we could still post. news has been dead these last few days, used to get a shed load each day. now zip.
Old 14-02-09, 04:06 PM
OC3D Crew

I don't think they've announced the new news team member have they? Shee HERE. You could apply for that and rectify the lack of news.
Old 14-02-09, 04:43 PM
OC3D Crew

I was happy enough posting news from here and there but if they want it News Team members only that's fine by me
Old 14-02-09, 04:55 PM
OC3D Crew

I think its because some people were just creating links to other news sites with a brief outline on the story, instead of writing a proper article. This is what we have the snippets section from the home page for.
Old 14-02-09, 09:43 PM

^ ^

I agree. Its much better to have a full article, instead of linking to another site.
Old 14-02-09, 09:52 PM
OC3D Elite

sorry,but I disagree,some of our members get news from other sources rather than the mainstream channels that most news come from....if they are unable to post this info then surely it takes away from the community spirit?

tbh most of the news is just a copy and paste job(Not having a go at anyone,same as most forums)
Old 14-02-09, 10:05 PM
OC3D Crew

Speaking for myself, I don't cut and paste any articles if I can help it. If I do, I only tend to do so on the press releases. With most articles I do try and create some unique content. I think that it can be unhelpful to see just links to other sites in the news, as people wuld just go direct to those sites over time. It's quite easy to put your own take on an article instead of just creating a link and intro, and surely this would be a better option?
Old 14-02-09, 10:11 PM

I think people should still be allowed to post links where appropriate, but I still think a written article is better overall (when possible).