Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > Introductions

Old 08-02-09, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

WOOOHOOO i feel so loved here! lol Don't worry people as soon as i get it up and running i will post loads of pics! By the way you know the wires on a PSU how hot do they get??

Old 08-02-09, 05:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Wires go hot?

WTF unless they are touching copper or aluminium, wires should be fine...
Old 08-02-09, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

cool thanks i'm planning on covering my Antec PSU in Blue Tape to make it look Nicer !
Old 08-02-09, 06:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='OmegaStalker'
cool thanks i'm planning on covering my Antec PSU in Blue Tape to make it look Nicer !
hahahahhahaha, I remember covering everything in some black tape I thought OMG this is gonna look so cool. I put it together the leads were so thick haha brings back so many memories! I was doing it in my back garden for fun, my girlfriends idea originaly because she hates loose leads and stuff.

The leads went all sticky too, then I sold it!
Old 08-02-09, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

LOL ironically the tapes my girlfriends idea too! she came down to check up on me and she goes "THIS is what you've spent all you're money on! it isnt even NEAT!" lol so are you telling its a bad idea?
Old 08-02-09, 06:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
LOL ironically the tapes my girlfriends idea too! she came down to check up on me and she goes "THIS is what you've spent all you're money on! it isnt even NEAT!" lol so are you telling its a bad idea?
Yes very bad lol, one day you're going to think about selling it or putting it away for another rig, then you'll take the tape off and have a horrible mess.

Haha typical girly girls, my GF moaned at me about messy inside a case, I was like ok you try. Being a smart a55 she decided to try and nearly cried because she got so annoyed.
Old 08-02-09, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

try sleeving it, cheaper, dont destroy your psu, dont get sticky, and is actually cheap , the only thing i remember my GF saying about my pc was: "WTF why did you spent so much on something i wont let you even use in peace", that was epic, i still remember it, and that still happens with me.

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz / thermalright ultra 120 / MSI P35 Platinum / Gforce 8600 GT super 512 / 2gb Kingston HiperX / Soyo 460w / Maxtor 250gb
Old 08-02-09, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='soapsupah'
try sleeving it, cheaper, dont destroy your psu, dont get sticky, and is actually cheap , the only thing i remember my GF saying about my pc was: "WTF why did you spent so much on something i wont let you even use in peace", that was epic, i still remember it, and that still happens with me.
LOL THATS SO TRUE! (although my GF doesnt live with me i'm only 19 and still live with my parents but shes practically here all the time
Old 08-02-09, 08:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
LOL THATS SO TRUE! (although my GF doesnt live with me i'm only 19 and still live with my parents but shes practically here all the time
, I live with my GF and I'm 18 lol it's all good, we get a long well, but when we argue I go to PC she goes to her stuff (I have no clue what she does).
Old 08-02-09, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member

My parents love her though (probably more then me ) before i started dating her my grades were falling and i was messing around and when i starting going out with her surprise surprise i starting getting A's (lol how was i supposed to know the way to get an A is acctually go to lesssons ) yeah when we fight she moans about me to MYYY parents! lol although moving in with her sounds fun lool...