Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 07-02-09, 11:29 PM
AntiHeroUK AntiHeroUK is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 723
Luigi did you have speakers plugged in when testing it? If so you will have heard the annoying noise it makes when you click back

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-02-09, 12:15 AM
Diablo Diablo is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester/ Oxford Uni
Posts: 1,524
This seems quite similar to Asus Express gate, which is an internet and email program built on a very light linux core which allows booting in 5 secs. Not quite the same, but i think we will start to see a lot of these GUIs that are a bit easier on the eye on boot.
__________________

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-02-09, 10:22 AM
Luigi Luigi is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='AntiHeroUK'
Luigi did you have speakers plugged in when testing it? If so you will have heard the annoying noise it makes when you click back
I did but I use an x-fi so I dont think it the EFI supports it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Diablo'
This seems quite similar to Asus Express gate, which is an internet and email program built on a very light linux core which allows booting in 5 secs. Not quite the same, but i think we will start to see a lot of these GUIs that are a bit easier on the eye on boot.
Yup, its certainly a step in the right direction. The layout in EFI makes it much easier for clocking etc, with all the options nicely laid out.
__________________
Luigi

-----------

Project: Flat Pack - Coming soon
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-02-09, 12:02 PM
w3bbo w3bbo is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: High Peak
Posts: 1,124
Send a message via MSN to w3bbo
I would hope EFI supports XFI as a lot of the high end MSI boards come with XFI based cards.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-02-09, 12:15 PM
Luigi Luigi is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='w3bbo'
I would hope EFI supports XFI as a lot of the high end MSI boards come with XFI based cards.
It didnt for me this time :S Or I certainly wasnt aware of it...
__________________
Luigi

-----------

Project: Flat Pack - Coming soon
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-02-09, 02:22 PM
de_lenni de_lenni is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 75
that looks sweet!

i always get a headache from the oldskool bios blue and white...

this is really user friendly it seems

only downside is that it only is for those three MSI boards, would be better if it was also for the I7 based boards was.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-02-09, 02:24 PM
Luigi Luigi is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='de_lenni'
that looks sweet!

i always get a headache from the oldskool bios blue and white...

this is really user friendly it seems

only downside is that it only is for those three MSI boards, would be better if it was also for the I7 based boards was.
An X58 EFI board is in the works apparently
__________________
Luigi

-----------

Project: Flat Pack - Coming soon
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-02-09, 09:03 PM
Rastalovich's Avatar
Rastalovich Rastalovich is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Testing hardware somewhere
Posts: 11,418
There are a bunch of "non-establishment" efis out there for doing some stuff that are pushing to work on every make of mobo.

To this point they've been working to install the firmware to a usb device, like a flash drive, that can be attached to an internal usb header - and turns ur 'pc' into whatever the device wants the software to think it is.

I know a particular one that is claiming to be on sale, but I only know of a few confirmed deliveries. What it did is turned the 'pc' into another particularly well known fruity personal computer, and the software couldn't tell the difference.

Interesting stuff. I still maintain people like nvidia and ati should be pushing these for full manufactured pcs with a whole internet/gaming machine with no-need for a typical OS.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.