Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Member Reviews

Old 07-02-09, 01:04 AM
OC3D Elite

I think the problem with the fan is the airflow restriction: the fan itself doesn't make a lot of noise but the air flowing through the side window is. It's a common problem with thermaltake specifications.

You might want to take a look at this thread to see how you can reduce the voltage.

Old 07-02-09, 01:18 AM

Hmm yeah that makes sense, the little slots on the side seems sorta restricting. And it only emits the "annoying" sound when it gets to full speed.

Thanks for that link, looks promising. I'll have to try it...seems my only way out of this mess lol. Thanks man.
Old 03-03-09, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Ive been looking at this controller, definately one of the nicest looking ones on the market and one of the easiest to use.

Good review, gives a better view of it than the usual shop info, thanks
Old 03-03-09, 07:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for the feedback, it's great to hear of readers a while after the review has been written.

Personally I think a user review has a lot more value than a shop 'buy me' text. This piece is not written with the aim to sell a product and so also names its cons (which are few, cable management is one). Aside from that the user experience, what will you probably enccounter? And lastly better pics, most shops have those crappy 200*200 images.

Old 04-03-09, 08:12 PM

Hi mate just bought this fan controller have you got any pics of the temperature probs i'm not to sure where to put them
Old 04-03-09, 08:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Nope sorry mate, I seem to have lost the original pics :/

I do however, have the location of my probes for you:

1: just in front of the intake fan (ambient)

2: unused. You could put it between your HDD's.

3: Just below top exhaust fan

4: Between rear exhaust and cpu pull fan.

Hope this helps

EDIT: have found the pics, but none really tell where the probes are located.

Old 05-03-09, 07:12 AM

Many Thanks
Old 07-03-09, 03:38 PM

Is it possible to get the Scythe fan controller to show the Rpm's from My Antec case the cpu fans working fine as its a 3 pin.I've bought 4 pin to 3 pin converters for the standard fans the fan controller is controlling the speed but not showing the Rpm's anyway around this? or will i have to buy new fans
Old 07-03-09, 04:05 PM
OC3D Elite

From what I have seen, the antec tricools don't like to be connected to a fan controller. Buying new fans could improve silence and a bit performance but costs quite some money. You could try posting this up in the antec customer support forum and see what gets said there.

Old 09-03-09, 10:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='stone1'
Is it possible to get the Scythe fan controller to show the Rpm's from My Antec case the cpu fans working fine as its a 3 pin.I've bought 4 pin to 3 pin converters for the standard fans the fan controller is controlling the speed but not showing the Rpm's anyway around this? or will i have to buy new fans
Do your tri cools fans have the built in speed controller? If so thats where the yellow wire goes, which monitors the RPM speed, if you look at the connection it only shows a red and black wire, thats why it's not showing. At least I think so