Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 13-01-09, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nathan'
Thats what the logical thinker would think, But do you honestly think our government thinks logical
if you live in great britain did you no that g-b stads for gordon brown and hes from scotland government thinks logical not in my book it dont lol.

Old 19-01-09, 11:18 PM
OC3D Crew

He'll soon be gone....and good ridence too!!!!!
Lian Li V1000 Plus - Core i7 920-Rampage II X58-Watercooled With 2x Feser TFC Xchanger 120mm Rad, EK Supreme Acrylic CPU Block, Laing DDC-1T Ultra Alphacool Top XSPC Res-XFX GTX295 (Overclocked 680/1380/1100mhz) - 3x2GB (6GB Total) Corsair Dominator Triple Channel DDR3 1600mhz - Tagan Piperock 1100w PSU - OCZ Summit 120GB SSD (O.S) - 2x WD Velociraptors Raid-0 (Storage) -Windows 7 RC1 64Bit
Old 20-01-09, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='SwaleSmith'
He'll soon be gone....and good ridence too!!!!!
I do hope so
Old 20-01-09, 08:19 PM
OC3D Elite

lawlz "GB stands for Brown".

I liked Tony Blair more than him.

Shame he went down...
Old 20-01-09, 08:35 PM

To be perfectly honest, if it were me - I would wait. Maybe when the economy picks up a bit then have a look. The IT side of things is looking rough at the moment.
Old 20-01-09, 08:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='charlie-j'
To be perfectly honest, if it were me - I would wait. Maybe when the economy picks up a bit then have a look. The IT side of things is looking rough at the moment.
yeah, but i still dont think in the education side of things. Budgets still havent been effected. Although im not planning on making the jump just yet.

Went for an interview today and out of the 1000's of CV's they got. I was one of 200 odd that had a current job.

Old 20-01-09, 08:47 PM

Well good luck then But watch for the competition!
Old 20-01-09, 08:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='charlie-j'
Well good luck then But watch for the competition!
like the company i work for now!! they should be easy to slay. muahahahah!

Old 20-01-09, 09:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Follow these steps closely.

1. Planning - You need to PLAN everything, every little last detail, nothing must be overlooked

2. Funds - You must NEVER run out of money, your project/company should always be on target or less than the target spending price.

3. Be good with advertising, advertise in shops/online websites such as this one etc...

4. Use Microsoft Project, and use GANTT charts to plan out your business.

5. Keep confident, never get into debt if there is no way of you paying it back. The first few months are hard, but you should always come out in a profit.

6. Good luck

(no order btw)
Old 21-01-09, 01:02 PM
OC3D Crew

I've been running my firm since 2005 now and the first year or two is extremely hard. Don't expect to get rich quick is the first thing I would tell anyone who is starting up on their own. You also have to be realistic have clear goals to aim for.

As for getting into debt, this is something almost every business has to do at some point or other. When I first started up, I had to take a loan out on the strength of purchase orders quite a few times. This isn't something that will have a negative impact on your business and is common practice.

The most important thng in any business startup is to identify your intended market and create something unique to offer, whether it be in the level of service or products offered. That way, you have something over your competitors. In my business, I chose to offer a much greater level of service than my competitors, while this has bitten me on the bum a few times and caused a few sleepless nights, it has also generated a great deal of repeat custom and positive free marketing (word of mouth).

You need to be able to multi task when you run a business and be able to communicate at all levels, whether it be to a MD or a rep. You need to be able to put your points across and listen too. I struggled with this in my first year, as I didn't feel confident talking to, and selling my business to, MD's etc. I learned quick

Cheers,

Stu